PDA

View Full Version : First year winter storage

Chitown
10-07-2009, 09:00 PM
My first year as a MC owner. I'm having the dealer winterize and store for me. Question- should I pay the extra bucks for heated storage vs. non-heated but indoor storage? I'm in the Chicago area. Be interested in your advice.

TX.X-30 fan
10-07-2009, 09:05 PM
I would just move???

Kidding sorry, good luck.

Is Illinois really broke?? Wow I wonder if Illinois is too big to fail??

Cloaked
10-07-2009, 09:20 PM
My first year as a MC owner. I'm having the dealer winterize and store for me. Question- should I pay the extra bucks for heated storage vs. non-heated but indoor storage? I'm in the Chicago area. Be interested in your advice.No Sir. Winterization is just that. Indoors is additional protection from exterior elements, but the (suspect over priced) winterization is the same, indoors or outdoors.

Winterization is really easy, relative to some of the dealer charges I have read on this board over the years.

If I had the choice of the two and chose to afford it, I'd do indoors but again, winterized is winterized.

Texass, you need to mind your manners too....

bigmac
10-07-2009, 10:09 PM
If the boat is winterized, it doesn't matter where it's stored. The issue becomes snow, ice, oxidation, mold.....and prevention of those problems is the reason why indoor storage is preferable to me. However HEATED indoor storage...well, I'd pay for indoor storage, but wouldn't want to pay the extra for it to be heated.

Cloaked
10-07-2009, 10:11 PM
If the boat is winterized, it doesn't matter where it's stored. The issue becomes snow, ice, oxidation, mold.....and prevention of those problems is the reason why indoor storage is preferable to me. However HEATED indoor storage...well, I'd pay for indoor storage, but wouldn't want to pay the extra for it to be heated.Echo.......

peason
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Echo.......

Ditto..........

Kevin@MWMC
10-08-2009, 03:52 AM
Ditto..........

x2.........