PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing an 04 X Star

MN_X_Star
10-07-2009, 12:33 PM
I have decided to try and winterize the boat myself this year. I understand how to take care of the engine/gas but I am some what confused on the ballast system. Does anyone have any helpful info for me?

Thanks,

Matt

Thrall
10-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm sure my setup is a little different, but on mine, there's a tee near the ballast manifold that you can use to winterize. Other option would be to use the main intake line.
Pump out as much water as you can first. I ran the pumps with the jack all teh way up and then with the jack all teh way down to get out as much water as possible.
Use the tee or disconnect the intake line and dump a gal or 2 of RV antifreeze (I used windhield washer fluid, cheaper and my boat won't see extreme cold temps in the garage) into that line while running a pump on "fill." Repeat for each tank. Then run each pump on "empty" and push out more water until you see the antifreeze coming out. This will get antifreeze in all the lines, pumps, and tanks.

carracer
10-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I have a 08 x 30 I bought a bird bath pump at lowes took some air line put the pump in a five gallon bucket filled with RV anti-freeze stuck the hose in the ballast over flow. After filling about a gallon in each tank just pump the empty toggle until you see anti-freeze comming out under the boat and your done.