PDA

View Full Version : Heater kit price....

dvdqrn
10-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi,

I asked my dealer to fix my heater. All the vents and hose are already install. I do beleive the previous owner broke the main core because there is no fan only vent and hoses.

The dealer told me the heater kit is about 900 CAN$. 790 US$ Is that the real price ??? Should I buy the kit, give to him and ask him to install it during winter....

What kit should I buy. It's a PS 205V 2000.

Thanks....

Sodar
10-05-2009, 10:44 PM
You can call HeaterCraft and order the core and fan assembly only, if you have the vents and hose.

According to the HeaterCraft website, a heater kit is about $450USD

cdawake
10-06-2009, 03:27 AM
If you're at all interested, do it yourself. I'm not the guy to know what model went into a 00 205v, but
i've done countless heatercraft installs- they are super easy to wire, hookup the hoses, and connect yourself. It only would take you a few hours at most and you could use the same mounting hardware even- everything is pretty standard and self-explanatory on all of those units. hopefully someone knows what model goes in, or you could order based off how many vents there are.

here's a link to HeaterCraft at fisheries supply (http://www.fisheriessupply.com/online/search.asp?N=0&Ntk=All&Ntt=heatercraft&Nty=1&D=heatercraft&act=A02&hideprops=1&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial+rel+Inactive), which would be your best bet for ordering, most likely WAY cheaper than your dealer- looking like $350 up.

Thrall
10-06-2009, 11:02 AM
If you're missing the heater core and fan, just replace that. It's likely a Heatercraft heater, check out their site. Skidim sells their products as well.
IMO, the hardest part of the install is getting the hoses routed, cutting hole for the vents. If that's all there, just mount up a new heatercore/fan. Is the switch and wiring still there?
Complete 3 vent kits are about $450. You could probably get teh parts you need for aroung $350US.

russlars
10-06-2009, 11:22 AM
IMO, the hardest part of the install is getting the hoses routed, cutting hole for the vents.
I respectfully disagree. On my '99 the hardest part was getting the kick panel out to gain access to the heater!;)

jrhollow
10-06-2009, 11:25 AM
On my 2003 x2 (205v) the hardest part was running the hoses around the nose of the boat to the passenger side. My arms got pretty chewed up.

Either way, it's an easy install.

coz
10-06-2009, 11:33 AM
You can call HeaterCraft and order the core and fan assembly only, if you have the vents and hose.

According to the HeaterCraft website, a heater kit is about $450USD

Why do MC dealers mark parts up to 100% over actual cost? sometimes more :confused:

Witness140
10-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Why do MC dealers mark parts up to 100% over actual cost? sometimes more :confused:

Because people out there continue to pay the asking price.

Thrall
10-06-2009, 01:11 PM

You're favorite dealer in Phx doesn't, at least with heaters. I asked Donavan what the heater kit cost and he said around $500, maybe less (without looking it up). Cost $457 online for the kit.
That said, I just paid $52 for a stinking tower knob for the X2, not the big one either, it's the med size one...about a 6oz aluminum knurled handle and a 3/8 bolt!:mad:

MYMC
10-06-2009, 01:46 PM

Because people out there continue to pay the asking price.

You're favorite dealer in Phx doesn't, at least with heaters. I asked Donavan what the heater kit cost and he said around $500, maybe less (without looking it up). Cost $457 online for the kit.
That said, I just paid $52 for a stinking tower knob for the X2, not the big one either, it's the med size one...about a 6oz aluminum knurled handle and a 3/8 bolt!:mad:
Not sure where this pricing is coming from, but it is not www.mymastercraft.com

Heater kit complete $329.95: http://mymastercraft.com/product_details.cfm?ITEM_ID=15577&product=556108&product_type=GENERAL&company=MasterCraft&sub_product=Heater

Thrall
10-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Not sure where this pricing is coming from, but it is not www.mymastercraft.com

Heater kit complete $329.95: http://mymastercraft.com/product_details.cfm?ITEM_ID=15577&product=556108&product_type=GENERAL&company=MasterCraft&sub_product=Heater

That's a good price, assuming it's the entire kit (list over $400 for the 2 port heater. I know who I'll be calling when I get ready to do this....

TallRedRider
10-06-2009, 04:36 PM
If he only needed a core, then it seems that I have heard guys getting the core at the local auto zone because it is identical to a 1972 Ford or something like that. About $40. Heatercraft puts the word 'Marine' on it and then adds an extra 0 to the price.

MYMC
10-06-2009, 07:05 PM
That's a good price, assuming it's the entire kit (list over $400 for the 2 port heater. I know who I'll be calling when I get ready to do this....
Complete kit, factory parts from MC.

vandit0022
10-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I have a two port in my boat, but can you put multiple heater systems in? I have a big area to cover and two ports only heats up the driver seat area, and then one or two people sitting back behind the sink. Is it possible to mount another two or three port on the other side to cover the rest of the cockpit seating?

bigmac
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I have a two port in my boat, but can you put multiple heater systems in? I have a big area to cover and two ports only heats up the driver seat area, and then one or two people sitting back behind the sink. Is it possible to mount another two or three port on the other side to cover the rest of the cockpit seating?

Interesting question. I'd be concerned that you'd get unequal flows between the two heater cores if you put them in parallel, and I'd be concerned there might not be enough heat in the water to make two heater cores efficient. ICBW, though. You'd probably want to plumb them in series rather than parallel. The question would be whether or not 160 degree water has enough BTUs to get any significantly hot air out of the second heater. Probably something I'd call HeaterCraft about.

Thrall
10-07-2009, 10:24 AM

You got a twin engine X80? If so, run a 2nd heater off the other engine.