PDA

View Full Version : Oil change on MCX

kingwoodlee
10-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I just changed my oil for the first time last Saturday in my 05 MCX without any problems. Pulled the drain hose out the back of the transom and all drained fine. Put rags and newspaper under the filter and when I unscrewed it, I didn't spill but one small drop. Must be a better design than my suburban, as oil runs down the filter and everywhere. Yay to Indmar. Anyway, only took about 30 minutes and was as easy as my old Supra comp was, that i changed for over 13 years in a row without any problems either. HIghly recommend doing it yourself. Thay way you know it is done right!

bigmac
10-05-2009, 12:45 PM
It's even easier if you hook up a suction pump to that drain hose with the engine warmed up. Pulls all that warm oil out in about a minute.. You can then switch that pump to the transmission and drain it too, if that's part of your end-of-season routine.

kingwoodlee
10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I did have the engine warmed up, and the oil flowed out pretty good without a pump. Draining the trans. is the next item on the list. A friend has an electric pump like you are talking about, and I plan on borrowing it.