PDA

View Full Version : tower light wireing 08 x30

carracer
10-04-2009, 08:02 PM
I have two JL speakers in the center pods dealer installed now I am installing MC lights in the outer pods . someone please tell me the tower wireing color schemes.

TallRedRider
10-04-2009, 08:57 PM
When you take off the mount covers the wires will be right there inside the tower. I would assume it will be easy to see what wires go to which mounting location once you begin.

bturner2
10-05-2009, 07:29 AM
My tower light wiring was on the front tower leg on the driver's side. If I remember correctly it was even labeled. Even if it isn't as RedRider says you should be able to determine which pairs to use by seeing which are available when you take off the mounting covers.

I assume you'll want both lights on the same pair of wires. If so go to the mounting location on the passenger side and pull the cover off the mount. You may have to dig around a bit to find the wires but pull down all the pairs that are available. There should be speaker and light wires there. The speaker wires will match the colors of the wires located in the front passenger side tower post. Any other colored wires should be coming from the drivers side and will be used for lights.

Now go the the mount on the drivers side. You should again see speaker wires and tower light wires. Pick a pair of non speaker wires that match the color on passenger side as these will be wire together. You now have the wires you need to wire up the lights.

carracer
10-05-2009, 10:13 AM
thank you for help,