PDA

View Full Version : Engine Fogging

tomq59
10-03-2009, 10:04 PM
I have a 1999 Prostar 190 with a Vortec MX Max LTR Engine with EFI. How (where) do I fog the engine during winterization?

Chicago190
10-03-2009, 11:02 PM
I pull each spark plug and spray fogging oil in for 3-5 seconds, trying to coat the cylinder walls by rotating the can around as I spray. Then I pull the kill switch and crank the engine over for a few seconds to distribute the oil around the cylinders.

Thrall
10-04-2009, 04:13 PM
On a cold engine, pull the ir filter off, start it up, spray fogging oil in until it smokes like mad or dies...done. May have to put new spark plugs in or clean them in the spring. Fire it up in the driveway before going to the lake, 'cause it will smoke for a minute, burning out the fogging oil.

Cloaked
10-04-2009, 06:39 PM
On a cold engine, pull the ir filter off, start it up, spray fogging oil in until it smokes like mad or dies...done. May have to put new spark plugs in or clean them in the spring. Fire it up in the driveway before going to the lake, 'cause it will smoke for a minute, burning out the fogging oil.What he said. No need for new plugs. They will burn clean in just a few moments.

TEAL98
10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Good deal, I have a '98 190 with the same motor and was wandering what "fogging" meant. Sorry, new to the boating realm, but love the information I keep getting for winterizing my boat. Now just need to know what a ballast system is and if I have one, how do I winterize that...

JUST-IN-TIME
10-14-2009, 03:44 AM
do not spray fogging oil into intakes on any efi motor

you add it to the fuel sperator