PDA

View Full Version : iPhone

BriEOD
10-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Picked up an iPhone 3GS today. It is pretty sweet. I have BlackBerry I occasionally use for work by Uncle Sam doesn't allow you to text or access many Internet sites on it.

Any advice for apps?

bigmac
10-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Yikes! There are over 15,000 apps. You're best bet is to just browse the App Store on iTunes by category and find app you're interested in. Each one has user reviews associated with it.

I will say that the Google products, maps etc, are generally pretty good. And I have a buddy that has found MotionX (http://www.navigadget.com/index.php/2008/12/20/motionx-gps-app-for-iphone) app as a means of accessing the GPS feed to be very cost effective.

Below is a track he sent me from a ski run we did on my lake a few weeks ago - he recorded it on his iPhone.

JimN
10-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Picked up an iPhone 3GS today. It is pretty sweet. I have BlackBerry I occasionally use for work by Uncle Sam doesn't allow you to text or access many Internet sites on it.

Any advice for apps?

If you use iTunes and have your wireless set up at home, get Remote. It lets you join the network and control iTunes, so it your computer is connected to the stereo (and I assume it is), you have two-way communication and can see all of the songs, artists, etc.

Double D
10-03-2009, 10:11 PM
As many as you can get! Their awesome and I am Jealous! :mad:
IScore Baseball (awesome for scoring your childs baseball games)
Where
Drinks Free
IFart
Restruants
ScoreCenter
Sportacular
Urbanspoon
Drinks
USA Today
Craigs List
RepairPal
Paypal
etc, etc, etc.

I am stuck with a Palm Treo until Verizon starts selling the IPhone. But I do have an ITouch if you couldn't tell.

Carbon Dreams
10-03-2009, 10:28 PM
iphone's RULE! This is the single kewlest, yes coolest, devices I have ever used. Some small glitches, but overall the best! Thank you Apple for fixing the MMS short comings. If it would only make me a cup o' joe when I need it...or at least pop me a cold one...Dang engineers.

BriEOD
10-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Thx for the responses guys. So far, my 5-year old has been hogging it to play games! It is pretty sweet.

G-man
10-05-2009, 11:04 AM
I can't beleive no one mentioned Pandora for streaming music.

BriEOD
10-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Got it. Very cool.

east tx skier
10-05-2009, 01:14 PM
I just got back from NY and don't know how I would have gotten around without google maps for mobile. Specifically, the "get directions" using the "transit" tab is about the most valuable app for a phone (I've got a winmo os, but the app is the same) I've ever seen.

djhuff
10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
adaptunes is a cool app that changes the volume based on speed. Works GREAT in the boat for turning the volume up for riding and turning it down when the rider falls. Very accurate and fast.