PDA

View Full Version : Couple pictures with a couple questions...

GNAT87
10-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Been surfing this forum for a while and ive posted a couple times(no Maristar-Man), but I thought I would introduce myself. Im 21 and this is my boat. Its a 95 Maristar 200 VRS. It had 105 hours on it, one owner, and garage kept when I bought it. This year I put the ND tower on along with the Tower Biminis bimini.

Anyway, I knew this site likes pictures so I thought id try posting a couple. My questions are...Did I put my mirror on wrong? From the pics ive seen I think I did or is it a personal prefrence type deal.

This December I plan on putting WetSounds across the tower, new head unit(mine just went out), EQ, and an amp. For the audio guys, what would be the ideal system for this boat? What combo with the tower speakers would look(size) and sound the best?

Thank you

coz
10-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Been surfing this forum for a while and ive posted a couple times(no Maristar-Man), but I thought I would introduce myself. Im 21 and this is my boat. Its a 95 Maristar 200 VRS. It had 105 hours on it, one owner, and garage kept when I bought it. This year I put the ND tower on along with the Tower Biminis bimini.

Anyway, I knew this site likes pictures so I thought id try posting a couple. My questions are...Did I put my mirror on wrong? From the pics ive seen I think I did or is it a personal prefrence type deal.

This December I plan on putting WetSounds across the tower, new head unit(mine just went out), EQ, and an amp. For the audio guys, what would be the ideal system for this boat? What combo with the tower speakers would look(size) and sound the best?

Thank you

Nice ride dude! wish I had a MC when I was 21 :D congratulations and welcome to the MC family.....the only thing I see wrong with the mirror is it could be moved up a little so it doesn't block the view over the windshield.

TMCNo1
10-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Nice ride dude! wish I had a MC when I was 21 :D congratulations and welcome to the MC family.....the only thing I see wrong with the mirror is it could be moved up a little so it doesn't block the view over the windshield.

Welcome young man!

Dang Coz, don't cut his legs out from under him, give the guy with the very nice boat a break. He might just be 4' tall and can't see over the windshield, Jeeeeezzzz!:rolleyes::uglyhamme

JohnE
10-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Nice boat. Your right we do like pic's here. Welcome to the forum.

I'm not familiar with that tower. Does it fold forward? If so I'd say the mirror should be on the higher section of tower.

GNAT87
10-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Coz, thank you for the nice words. Youve got a nice place from the pics if seen. These Shreveport lakes are brown with nothing to look at. Id love too ski on a place like yours.

No1....where do I start. Ive heard your name alot since ive came here. Thank you for the nice words as well. No teak here, but im sure I can find something to ask you. J/K

John, the tower is a New Dimension. It does fold forward, but the shop I have is tall enough I dont have to fold. Ill probably move it up anyway though that way its right.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and here is a couple pics with the bimini down.

TMCNo1
10-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Coz, thank you for the nice words. Youve got a nice place from the pics if seen. These Shreveport lakes are brown with nothing to look at. Id love too ski on a place like yours.

No1....where do I start. Ive heard your name alot since ive came here. Thank you for the nice words as well. No teak here, but im sure I can find something to ask you. J/K

John, the tower is a New Dimension. It does fold forward, but the shop I have is tall enough I dont have to fold. Ill probably move it up anyway though that way its right.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and here is a couple pics with the bimini down.

I'll attempt to answer as much as I can.
Believe me, teak is over rated, unless it a toilet seat that won't show stains!

LaRue
10-03-2009, 06:38 PM
new myself but welcome. my short experience has proven this site to my nothing but a positive. looks like a well-maintained boat. Congratulations! what motor do you have?

GNAT87
10-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Thank you, it's the 5.7 Chevy 350

coz
10-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Welcome young man!

Dang Coz, don't cut his legs out from under him, give the guy with the very nice boat a break. He might just be 4' tall and can't see over the windshield, Jeeeeezzzz!:rolleyes::uglyhamme

:uglyhamme You're right #1......I should have asked if he is taller than Billy Barty first :confused:

GNAT87
10-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I wish I had pics from when I first got it. It took some work to get it where it is now. Had blue tint on the windshield, a big No Fear sticker across the back, other stickers everywhere, and june bugs in every corner.

It is about where I want it, I was going to do ballast, but I like the storage and since i picked up a skyski you dont need a wake to get high. System is next and then im done. Is this hull used on any boat 2000+?

ahhudgins
10-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I have the same Maristar right down to the color. I haven't added a tower yet and I haven't decided for sure if I will. I'm just curious if you have a problem with your Maristar porpoising when you have more than 4 or 5 people in the boat and are going over 30 MPH? If you don't have that problem, I may be sending you a message and seeing if you can take a measurement on your prop shaft for me. Another guy with a 95 Maristar has the exact same problem and I've hear others who don't. I'm just wondering if it could be an alignment problem.

medicmoose
10-03-2009, 11:34 PM
I like the boat...I too wish I could have had one at 21!

I recently put a pair of Wetsounds Pro 80's and a pair of Wetsounds MB 8's on my tower powered by a Hertz amp. Sorry, I can't remember the power rating of the amp but from what I recall, it didn't sound like a huge amount of power. The nice thing about the Hertz is that they don't need to post huge numbers to get the power you need. And, I gotta say, you won't be disappointed by Wetsounds! :twocents:

I also have the Wetsounds 10" free air sub that I am going to install next year but will keep the factory JL sub as well. Over time I may upgrade all interior speakers to Wetsounds but the factory interior set-up seems to be good for now.

GNAT87
10-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Ive got the porpoising problem and mine has done it with 2 people before. It isnt too bad but gets annoying. There has also been plenty of times that it hasnt done it while going 30+, its hit and miss. Ive noticed that when it starts I can slightly turn the wheel to the right and it will calm down or stop altogether.

Thats a sweet looking setup you have, ive heard nothing but good things about WS. My boat actually has a 15" in the back from the previous owner that sounds pretty good. Im not so much a bass guy because I listen to nothing but rock so I was thinking either 4 pro80's or maybe 2 pro80's on the outside and 2 pro 60's on the inside. (I really dont know what I want lol) I like the pro485 but ive actually heard people complain about them being too big for there tower. Anyway thank you for the pictures Moose.

Anyone have the Clarion M309? If so, do you like it?
http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2009/marine/source_units/M309/us-en-product-pf_1172409026915.html

russlars
10-04-2009, 04:34 PM
FWIW the mirror mounting location looks good to me. That is exactly where I have mine located.

FlatBoard
10-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Here is a pic with the wetsounds threesome package - not too big, but make sure you measure and have enough headroom clearance. This is on a 2004 X-30.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/flatboard/DSC06030.jpg

GNAT87
10-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Nice! That made it more difficult. My bimini sits pretty low so either way I should have enough room for any wetsounds. I just read that the hang hight of a pro 80 is 13".

Is the pro485 just the pro80's in a box?