PDA

View Full Version : MCX Fuel Filter?

davomaddo
10-03-2009, 09:46 AM
09 x15 mxc - the manual doesn't mention anything about a fuel filter, that I can see. I am assuming there is a fuel filter and it should be replaced periodically.
Does anyone have info about when to replace and what part to replace it with?

bigmac
10-03-2009, 10:27 AM
09 x15 mxc - the manual doesn't mention anything about a fuel filter, that I can see. I am assuming there is a fuel filter and it should be replaced periodically.
Does anyone have info about when to replace and what part to replace it with?Big job. It's on the bottom of the in-tank fuel pump module, so you have to unbolt the 12 hex bolts, pull the module out, change the filter (getting the new one back on is hard). MasterCraft wants your dealer to do it. They're nervous with you working around all that gasoline.

IIRC, those filters are about $120 (not sure about that). MasterCraft recommends replacing them once a year or every 100 hours. I think that's ridiculous and still have the original filter on my 2004. I'll change it next time my fuel pump fails.

TX.X-30 fan
10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Do not change that 115 dollar filter, I did on my 04 when the fuel pump went and it was clean as new.

I would change the impeller every year, so on that one listen to me and not mac.

wheeler
10-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I'll change it next time my fuel pump fails.

That was a good one!!!:D

JohnE
10-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I'll change it next time my fuel pump fails.

Roughly every 10 hours....:D

Do not change that 115 dollar filter, I did on my 04 when the fuel pump went and it was clean as new.

I would change the impeller every year, so on that one listen to me and not mac.

TX hasn't steered me wrong yet....;)

TX.X-30 fan
10-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Roughly every 10 hours....:D

TX hasn't steered me wrong yet....;)

Better me steering this AM than you.................. :D