PDA

View Full Version : X45 Additional Ballast

bwop
09-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Interested in extra ballast for surf and wakeboarding 2009 X45 3-4 people

What do you guys think of putting Enzo Sacs in an x45?
Will they fit?

What about the x star fly high kit?

Mike at fatsac sugusted a x star fly high kit and an L shaped sac on rear seats for surf

My thoughts Enzo sacs in rear to eliminate the need for a sac on the seats and x star sacs in front

Would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions

1970RSZ28
09-30-2009, 12:07 AM
The boys at wakemakers.com hooked me up with the Fly High Pro X Series Mastercraft X-Star Additional Ballast Bag System. 2 - sacks for the rear, port and starboard lockers, and 2 - sacks in the front under the port and starboard front seats. An additional 2500 pounds!For surfing, I fill the factory rear port and KGB tanks along with the front port sac, the rear port sac and I move the sac from the starboard rear locker to the left rear seat. The next time out Im going to try the other front sac under the port observers seat (ifo the cooler). I usually leave the trim plate all the way down. I need to experiment more with plate height. The wake is pretty big. Good Luck!

mpabreo
09-30-2009, 09:09 AM
I tried a different setup in my 45 this past weekend. Should have taken pictures cause the surf wake was sick! stock port ballast full, fly high 550# in port rear locker, 600# sac in port front locker. trim plate up. No kbg. I'm 5'9" and when I was at the bottom of the wake it was up to my chest. Next time I'm going to move the other 550# from the stb locker to the rear port seat or cooler location. Should be huge.

bwop
09-30-2009, 11:25 AM
"Fill the rear port sac and I move the sac from the starboard rear locker to the left rear seat. Quote by 1970rsz28"

I see what you mean that is why i want to put the 1400# enzo sac so i dont have to move the starboard rear sac to port side

mpabreo
09-30-2009, 11:38 AM
sounds like that would def be slammin. Notice the depth of the port side of your platform when you load it down. if its 8" below the water or more, you'll throw a bada$$ surfwake. May need to fill the kgb a bit to keep the wake from folding over cause it will be very steep with that setup.

jason@wakemakers.com
10-01-2009, 06:43 PM
We've installed Enzo bags for a few of our customers. Off the top of my head I can remember doing an X-15, X-30, X-35, X-45 and X-Star, and if you're surfing, that's definitely the way to go. Most people end up installing a dedicated pump for the bag though, because it takes too long to fill that large of a bag with the factory system.

Anytime you have additional ballast on top of the rear tanks you'll want to fill the KGB, it will make for a longer pocket that is more forgiving.

endl
10-02-2009, 09:41 AM
An enzo bag will hit the batteries on the port side and will work on the starboard side if you do not have a heater. X-Star kit fits perfect and is easy to plumb into the stock system.

bwop
10-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Some are saying it fits and some say no???. Well i have a heater so it wont fit on starbord side and double battery on port. I saw a post by MYMC if i recall and he installed enzo sac in his x55. the x55 isnt that much bigger than the x45.Hopefully he will chime in.

jason@wakemakers.com
10-04-2009, 07:09 PM
We've had customers install them in the X-45 without moving the batteries. You can't fill the bag all of the way, but for them it was worth it to get as much weight as possible in one bag.

Surely whatever company you order the bag from will let you try it for a period of time to make sure it works, right? That would be a no risk way to make sure it's the right bag for your setup.

TallRedRider
10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
An enzo bag will hit the batteries on the port side and will work on the starboard side if you do not have a heater. X-Star kit fits perfect and is easy to plumb into the stock system.

We've had customers install them in the X-45 without moving the batteries. You can't fill the bag all of the way, but for them it was worth it to get as much weight as possible in one bag.

Surely whatever company you order the bag from will let you try it for a period of time to make sure it works, right? That would be a no risk way to make sure it's the right bag for your setup.

Endl is right. For the small amount of extra weight you could get between the storage compartment and the batteries on the port side, you are spending a lot of money. If you can't surf with the 750 in that corner on an X45, you just plain need some lessons. That is my setup...and here is a neighbor's friend doing a traditional hawaiin 'thank you' to the wave for a good ride. The nice thing is I have a 750 in each back locker and can switch from one side to another pretty fast.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/Tige%20reunion%202009/IMG_8819.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/Tige%20reunion%202009/IMG_8822.jpg

mpabreo
10-05-2009, 10:45 AM
I'd go with the X-star fly high kit if you've got the coin, in the long term it will be the best, most adjustable setup for boarding & surfing. Here's a few pics from the wkend from us surfing with the following setup...

Stock port ballast full
Fly high 550# in port rear locker
Fly high 550# on floor port side
600# sac on port seat

mpabreo
10-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Couple more...

bwop
10-05-2009, 12:20 PM
thanks for the pics mpabreo and tallredrider and all who posted i think i will go for the x star kit but wont get to use it until next year boat coming out next weekend for the season. Good time to install the kit

bobx1
10-05-2009, 05:38 PM
I think we just found the missing link in the Louisiana Coastal and Inland Errosion equation.:D

mpabreo
10-06-2009, 07:59 AM
I think we just found the missing link in the Louisiana Coastal and Inland Errosion equation.:D

I guess I'm a contributor. This was actually at Belle River, Pierre Part, LA, made the trip to a friends camp down there for the day. Was cool to see some new scenery.

TinaSkiGirl
10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Why don't any of you just go to the furniture store and get a water bed matress?

More weight! Not sure maybe less money!!!

skeeler
10-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Dude, is it just me or am I missing something? How come almost ever picture I see of people surfing, the water is glass? I love to surf as much as the next guy, but we usually save it for when the lake is trashed. If the water is that good, strap on the wakeboard and shred!!! I guess it must be because I don't always see good water. :D

Witness140
10-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Skeeler - do you still have the wiring diagram for putting the relays into the ballast control box and deleting the AI's? I have 9 relays sitting here to go in.

skeeler
10-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Skeeler - do you still have the wiring diagram for putting the relays into the ballast control box and deleting the AI's? I have 9 relays sitting here to go in.
Here ya go;
http://www.lockituponline.com/ballast-control-box/index.html

mpabreo
10-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Dude, is it just me or am I missing something? How come almost ever picture I see of people surfing, the water is glass? I love to surf as much as the next guy, but we usually save it for when the lake is trashed. If the water is that good, strap on the wakeboard and shred!!! I guess it must be because I don't always see good water. :D

We only save surfing for the end of the day, after 3-4 sets on the board each, and too tired to do anymore boarding. But honestly, we ride in mostly calm/glass. I think we're kinda lucky in that regard.

mccobmd
10-06-2009, 12:22 PM

I'm with you Skeeler, good water equals wakeboard or slalom. But by the time we all finish set's the good water is gone so I never have the option to surf good water.

Witness140
10-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks Skeeler!