PDA

View Full Version : zero off question

fmackiejr
09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
I plan on buying a perfectpass over the winter for my 96 ps190, can anyone sugguest which one I should purchase, price not being an issue, we mostly slalom ski, some wake boarding. I also see and heare a lot about zero off, is this another manufactor also making a speed control system or are they one in the same, any input would be great.

russlars
09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
I installed the Perfect Pass Wake Edition and have been very pleased with it's performance. Seems to perform flawlessly in wakeboard/slalom or RPM modes. It is also GPS based which is a big plus to not have to drill a hole in the boat.

André
09-29-2009, 05:10 PM
I plan on buying a perfectpass over the winter for my 96 ps190, can anyone sugguest which one I should purchase, price not being an issue, we mostly slalom ski, some wake boarding. I also see and heare a lot about zero off, is this another manufactor also making a speed control system or are they one in the same, any input would be great.

Zero Off is available only for 06 MC and up.You need Throttle By Wire system.
Go Perfect Pass either Classic (or is it call Wakeboard Pro?)or Digital pro.No need for Stargazer GPS based...

Kevin 89MC
09-29-2009, 05:21 PM
I believe ZO is not available for any older boats, only DBW (but not all of them either). I don't think there is any other speed control system out there that can compete with Perfect Pass. I got a used PP off of ski-it-again.com a number of years ago. I put it in my '89 ProStar, works beautifully. It was a "wakeboard" model, but PP said the control modules are the same, I just needed to do a master reset. I even added the smart timer for the slalom course. Hoping to add a slalom switch soon, too. I occasionally wakeboard, I just set it to trick ski mode, and it provides a great pull. So either one would probably work fine for you. I'd guess the 3 event comes with the smart timer, which is probably why it is $200 more. If you don't course ski, wakeboard edition would probably work good enough. There are some cheap non-stargazer sets for sale on ski-it-again now I believe.
It was by far the best upgrade for my boat for slalom skiing, and wakeboarding. Made the wife's driving job a ton easier, too.
Get one, I'll bet you'll never go back.
Kevin

russlars
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
No need for Stargazer GPS based...
Unless you mind drilling a hole in the bottom of your boat.;)

russlars
09-29-2009, 05:28 PM
It was by far the best upgrade for my boat for slalom skiing, and wakeboarding. Made the wife's driving job a ton easier, too.
Get one, I'll bet you'll never go back.
Kevin
I would agree about it being the best upgrade money can buy. My friend calls it the "marriage saver".:)

André
09-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Unless you mind drilling a hole in the bottom of your boat.;)

Drilling a hole is only required if you install the paddle wheel with the old system.
I don't think Stargazer uses the paddlewheel...

sethro
09-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Correct...no paddlewheel with Stargazer. That's the main reason I haven't upgraded as I don't want to lose my paddlewheel function while tricking on the river. I just wish they would allow input from the paddlewheel when desired via a menu setting...can't be that hard?

ProStar Slalom
09-29-2009, 09:45 PM
I wasn't too impressed with the stargazer's first version. It tended to get confused and surge when making turns at either end of the course, and was hot going into the course. I guess the newest software fixed this problem, but I'm maintaining a stance that digital pro with a driver who knows how to use it provides the best pull.

mckevin
09-29-2009, 10:08 PM
The zero off on my boat has performed flawlessly, I have never turned the perfect pass on.

JohnE
09-29-2009, 11:11 PM
PerfectPass customer service has a first class reputation. Call them and they will give you the info you need. As Andre said ZO only fits dbw applications. So a 96 is PP or nada.