PDA

View Full Version : Denver for 2 weeks

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Going to Denver for 2 weeks, Oct 6th -17th. I wasnt lucky enough to get an early october snow storm so Skiing is out. What else is there to do? I have a Saturday and Sunday I am going to be hanging out.

thanks

Thrall
09-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Oct 10-11 is the annual Denver Snow Show. Pretty good snowmobile show, lots of discounts, swapmeet, avy training, all the mfrs have their newest stuff on display, beer is served. Couple people usually have bbq's and beer going on in the swapmeet lot. Worth the $10 if you're into sleds.
Might still catch some good fall leaves, although it looks like this coming weekend will be the last peak weekend for leaves above 9kft.

Skipper
09-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Swing by Tommy's Slalom Shop. Take a few runs at their lake on the bypass. Might be kinda chilly though.

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 05:06 PM
wow, water-skiing in denver in October... haddnt thought of that... I have a drysuit, hmmmm.....

Skipper
09-29-2009, 05:12 PM
wow, water-skiing in denver in October... haddnt thought of that... I have a drysuit, hmmmm.....

We usually skied well into September and often into October with just a shorty. :rolleyes:

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 05:53 PM
We usually skied well into September and often into October with just a shorty. :rolleyes:

never owned one of those. Always figured if it was cold enough to worry with a suit, may as well stay warm and dry... or dryish... I have had it a while.