PDA

View Full Version : is this wakeboard a decent price?

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 09:59 AM
I am a skier, but dont have a lot of folks that can pull me. I thought wakeboard would be good because its a good transistion for my wife from pulling the kids to pulling me slalom, she does not need to go barreling into a narrow cove @ 34 mph yet. I am looking for something to play around on, but I am by no means planning on becoming a hard core wakeboarder. Is this a decent price? Its one ugly board.

Liquid Force Seach 143 from 2004/2005 lineup. This board is really nice shape -- it was $400 new and the boots were upgraded (another $200). I tore my ACL in 2008 (waterskiing, not wakeboarding) so my wakeboarding days are now over. My loss = Your gain. Clearly, at $125 this will not last. I really want this to go to a good home, where a teenager or young adult can learn to wakeboard on this $600 set up, without having to shell out the money of a new board.

SkiDog
09-29-2009, 10:55 AM
I am a skier, but dont have a lot of folks that can pull me. I thought wakeboard would be good because its a good transistion for my wife from pulling the kids to pulling me slalom, she does not need to go barreling into a narrow cove @ 34 mph yet. I am looking for something to play around on, but I am by no means planning on becoming a hard core wakeboarder. Is this a decent price? Its one ugly board.

Liquid Force Seach 143 from 2004/2005 lineup. This board is really nice shape -- it was $400 new and the boots were upgraded (another $200). I tore my ACL in 2008 (waterskiing, not wakeboarding) so my wakeboarding days are now over. My loss = Your gain. Clearly, at $125 this will not last. I really want this to go to a good home, where a teenager or young adult can learn to wakeboard on this $600 set up, without having to shell out the money of a new board.

Gonzo, screw that, buy a skyski! MUCH safer! Never heard of a knew injury on a foil!

mpabreo
09-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Not a bad price, but for an 04/05 its prolly a little high. I just sold an 08 Hyperlite Apex with Remix bindings to a buddy for 150.

skeeler
09-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Gonzo, screw that, buy a skyski! MUCH safer! Never heard of a knew injury on a foil!
Yep, trade off the knee injuries for neck injuries. :D

coz
09-29-2009, 12:38 PM
...........good luck

CantRepeat
09-29-2009, 02:09 PM

Or back, doh! But the Airchairs are fun.

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 02:37 PM
...........good luck

So you think its an OK deal? or sarcastically good luck that thing sucks?

Not a bad price, but for an 04/05 its prolly a little high. I just sold an 08 Hyperlite Apex with Remix bindings to a buddy for 150.

I can never find folks like you when I need a deal, all the people I ski with are 5 and 8 yrs old (my kids friends).

Always wanted to try one of those things, but never had the chance...

coz
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM

No......for $125 it's a great deal for the package......a new board only you can pick up for $150....definitely a beginner's board though.

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Great, sounds right up my alley, hes even holding it for me... going to meet me near hte airport sunday to pick it up.

SkiDog
09-29-2009, 07:21 PM

I can never find folks like you when I need a deal, all the people I ski with are 5 and 8 yrs old (my kids friends).

CSM Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

vision
09-29-2009, 08:05 PM
Just keep in mind that you will struggle to get good pop with that board and there are much softer (read easier on your body) bindings out there. But it is a fair price for the package.

Jerseydave
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM
It's a fair price.....throw it on e-bay and see what happens (better to wait until spring for the best results, don't try to sell it now)

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 09:42 PM

CSM Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the year, I can feel it... training budgets are going to be low next year so no weeklong trips for me.... turnsout last yrs was worth it, the manager I am going to report to has a Cisco background he liked that I had a CCNA...

I cant wait!!

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Just keep in mind that you will struggle to get good pop with that board and there are much softer (read easier on your body) bindings out there. But it is a fair price for the package.

I ski behind a 190 with no ballast, Im not really looking for Pop but thanks for the heads up I will keep it in mind.

It's a fair price.....throw it on e-bay and see what happens (better to wait until spring for the best results, don't try to sell it now)

Im buying not selling, thanks though if I can get a ride on it when I winterize in a week or 2 I may just do that.

TallRedRider
09-29-2009, 10:45 PM

I have seen some pretty severe lacerations of the head when they somehow hit their head with the foil in a crash. (should always wear a helmet).

I was with a guy this weekend that suffered a vertebral artery dissection a few years ago when he landed on his head in an Air Chair. He was lucky that only the people who have seen his MRI can tell that part of his brain died that day.

Having said all that...I got up on one this weekend for the first time. It did not last long, but I can definitely see that as being addicting.

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 10:54 PM
seller sent more pics, looks in good shape.