PDA

View Full Version : Tower Light Bulbs

mpabreo
09-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Anyone know the model number for the rear facing tower lights? Couldnt find it in any manual I have...

SaltwaterMC
09-29-2009, 11:39 AM
You will save a lot of money if you buy them locally from a light bulb store (if you have one). I think I found the replacement bulbs locally for around $6 each. I believe they are over $100 from MC because you have to buy the whole light (lens and all).

Wake2004
09-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I can't speaker for that exact light but I found replacement bulbs for the speaker can lights at Autozone. Typically fog lamp

mpabreo
09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks, guess I'm going to pull them off and see if I can get a model number. I looked at them last night and it appeared to be the typical 168/194 model that is common in car map lights, door lights, etc. I would think thats pretty low power/light emitting stuff tho...

mpabreo
09-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Do the lenses for both the rear facing lights and the fwd can lights just pop off with a flathead?

mpabreo
10-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Looked at the rear lights and the fwd can lights. Both have glass lenses that do not just pop off. It appears the bulbs can be replaced by pulling the socket out the back of the housing. Took an allen wrench to remove one of the rear light pods and coudn't get it out cause there was a nipple/fitting that aligned them in the housing and there wasnt enough clearance to pull it down and loose. Only other thing I could see was to take the whole assembly off the tower. Didnt have a whole lot of time to mess with it last nite but will give it another try on Friday. For those of you who have replaced both fwd and rear light bulbs, can you explain how you did so?

Thanks.

squigs
10-01-2009, 10:20 AM
I just did a forward one last weekend on an 09. It's a lot more involved than originally anticipated...

Step 1. Remove the speaker - 6 bolts & 4 wires
Step 2. Remove the lamp mount - 3 bolts
Step 3. Remove the lamp from the mount - 3 nuts & 3 bolts
Step 4. Remove the bulb from the lamp - 2 screws and you'll have to disconnect the positive bulb power lead. The existing ground wire will stay.
Step 5. Put it all back together.

Take your time! I snapped the head off one of the bolts holding the lamp mount in place. I put it back together without it, but I know the light will rattle if I don't get the rest of that bolt out and replaced.

mpabreo
10-01-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks! Do you remember the model number of the fwd bulbs?