PDA

View Full Version : Carpet for 1997 PS 205

stx22
09-28-2009, 10:19 AM
So... I have been searching through old post on carpet installs, but I can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I am replacing the carpet in my '97 PS 205 this fall/winter, but I am having a heck of a time finding the right carpet. So far I have samples from Overton's (Malibu), Corinthian Marine Carpet (delux and Premium), as well as a couple of other manufacturers. None of these carpets apear to be an exact fit.

Does anyone know what carpet was used in the '97 205's or in the alternative, what weight. If so, has anyone replaced the carpet in a boat of this era, who can help me out. I have taken great care in maintaing this boat and if I can't find the right carpet I would rather live with what i've got than put in something that doesn't look and perform right.

stx22
09-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I guess I should ask the question this way. Who has replaced the carpet in a boat of this era and what type of carpet did you use? Pics? How did it turn out? Anything you would you have done differently?

JLeuck64
09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
I am planning on replacing the carpet in my 98 PS190 this winter also. I have been looking around just like you have and from what I can tell nothing is going to match what was installed OEM. Lowes has some 16oz outdoor carpet that comes pretty close to matching the color I have so will probably settle on that. Others on this forum have used Lowe's carpet and reported favorably on the outcome. Some members have also said to stick with 16oz carpet over say something heavier. The heavier weight carpets feel great when walking around on them but tend to hold more water and take longer to dry out. Good luck and post up some pics before and after!

stx22
09-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks Jleuck. Unfortunately, we don't have a Lowe's around here and the Depot/Carpet places don;t seem to carry anything suitable. I found some carpet at a carpet warehouse type place that looked close, but it was indoor/outdoor (not marine if there is such a thing) but it was going to run somewhere around $1200 for just the carpet.
You don't happen to know what weight the OEM carpet is? I have the 16oz samples as well, but would like to see and hear what others have to say.
Anyone know how to do a poll for replacement carpet?

cbryan70
09-30-2009, 03:11 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0052218019473a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=boat+carpet&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1 this look close?

stx22
09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks. The Cabelas samples haven't showed up yet so I haven't had a chance to compare. I have been disappointed with the other samples that I have received.

Patsfan
10-28-2009, 08:55 PM
The 1997 205 had carpet from Syntec. The grey was called cinders and the tan I believe was mocha.
If your going all out the hull and deck have to come apart. If you have a good carpet man be prepaired to pay about $1,000. You may be able to by cut yardage from Syntec. Check them out at syntecindst.com
Anything you buy from Lowes, Home depot or some other place will be less than marine grade carpet.
Happy skiing!

Luv2Ski
10-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I am also about to replace my carpets. Based on the previous comment, I found two suppliers that appear to be selling Syntec Aggressor carpet at competitive prices with free shipping. I think I am going to order some of their free samples:

This site does not explicitly state their carpet is Syntec, but it is the exact color names. I am writing an email to see for sure that it is Syntec:

http://boatcarpetbuys.com/boatcarpet-type/336-Boat-Carpets.asp

This site states it is Syntec but does not indicate which weight they are selling:

http://www.edsoutdoors.com/outdoors-supply~cat~825~item~1814.htm