PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Socal!

SOCALX45
09-28-2009, 03:19 AM
So the temps been in the 100s last couple weeks and i have been reading about guys having their season almost over...and i was just thinking man my season is never over..yeah i need a wetsuit from Nov-March...I feel sorry for the guys up north who cant go at all during the winter...Dont know how you guys do it!8p

TMCNo1
09-28-2009, 07:46 AM
How is the brake situation? Has it been resolved?

SOCALX45
09-28-2009, 08:09 AM
I actually just got back from vacation and had a message from California Skier saying that my brakes were in. So im going to call them on tuesday to set up a time to bring it in and get the brakes replaced under warranty! I was very suprised!

TMCNo1
09-28-2009, 09:30 AM
I actually just got back from vacation and had a message from California Skier saying that my brakes were in. So im going to call them on tuesday to set up a time to bring it in and get the brakes replaced under warranty! I was very suprised!

That's why I asked, I knew that replacing them was in the works about a month ago and I'm surprised to see it took the dealer so long to notify you.
Keep us informed.

shepherd
09-28-2009, 09:34 AM
So the temps been in the 100s last couple weeks and i have been reading about guys having their season almost over...and i was just thinking man my season is never over..yeah i need a wetsuit from Nov-March...I feel sorry for the guys up north who cant go at all during the winter...Dont know how you guys do it!8p

They have snowmobiles.

Age Fighter
09-28-2009, 09:54 AM
We're all just waiting for the "People's Republic of California" to go totally bankrupt -- then we'll all sneak in as illegal aliens and be given lake front property with MC included -- then we can all ski 12 months a year!!! :D:D:D

88 PS190
09-28-2009, 01:11 PM
We're all just waiting for the "People's Republic of California" to go totally bankrupt -- then we'll all sneak in as illegal aliens and be given lake front property with MC included -- then we can all ski 12 months a year!!! :D:D:D

I thought we were all waiting for them to run out of water and then laugh as we refuse to sell it from the great lakes?

Age Fighter
09-28-2009, 01:33 PM
I thought we were all waiting for them to run out of water and then laugh as we refuse to sell it from the great lakes?

Oh nay nay. They have not run out of water. They are saving it for the little smelt of some kind and not giving it to the farmers. This is one reason they'll all go broke.

We just have to share the waterways with the smelt. I don't think they mess up skiing or wake boarding!! ;)

kkkeating
09-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Highs of 98 and 100 here in Sacramento on Sat and Sun. This time of year when it's this hot the river is perfectly flat, no wind and minimal boats. Supposed to be only 75 here tomorrow. We’re going to have to get out the dry suits if it’s only 75!

ROB
09-29-2009, 08:29 AM
What's winterizing? :D

coz
09-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Summer goes to oct/nov around here

Today: Sunny. Very hot. High 104F. ESE winds shifting to SW at 10 to 20 mph. http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetempbig/US/AZ/Gilbert.gif

mtajpa
09-29-2009, 10:42 PM
What's winterizing? :D

Long Sleeve T-shirts, Shorts, Shoes no flip flops.

shunra
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM

I was out last weekend. Water was 57 degrees, air was 59 - still no wetsuit required. Season is getting pretty close to over though. I envy you guys that can go year round.

How cold does your water get from Nov-March?

kkkeating
09-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Here in the Sacramento River, we went out wakesuring in mid-January. Air temp was 42 degrees F, water temperature was 44 degrees. Drysuits were used, along with a cooler full of very warm water for gloves and booties. Had to wait for an hour for the tule fog to clear, only had 50 foot of visability; wakesurfing at 10 MPH was going to fast to see far enough in front to avoid floating debris.

vandit0022
09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Highs of 98 and 100 here in Sacramento on Sat and Sun. This time of year when it's this hot the river is perfectly flat, no wind and minimal boats. Supposed to be only 75 here tomorrow. Were going to have to get out the dry suits if its only 75!

*sigh* I gave up on summer last weekend when the high was 63. Winterizing will commence on Tuesday. Just a two weeks ago it was 90, we skipped fall and went straight to winter. Snow is already hitting the mountains. Final day on the water attached.

funk
10-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Sunny in Socal today. 90 outside with clear skies, water temp 65-69. Should have the boat wet by 4!!! :D