PDA

View Full Version : A couple of 96 prostar 190 questions

Bookshelf
09-28-2009, 12:30 AM
On a 96 Prostar 190, above the transom and rear seat there is a cushion contoured around the rear hook and blower outlets, what is the backing on this, and would it still be available from Mastercraft? Also, teak swim platform, are all of these completely removeable that year? I saw a picture of the back of someone's on here w/ the platform off and it looks like it slides into a black bracket on each side w/ a vertical slot, is that standard or an option? Thanks

Chicago190
09-28-2009, 02:16 PM
First question, I don't know because I've never taken it off. Highly unlikely it is still available. Small chance a dealer has one laying around.

Removable platform is standard as far as I know. L-shaped male brackets on the platform slide into the receivers attached to the hull. Secured by a removable pin on each side.

BrianM
09-28-2009, 06:04 PM
The back of that cushion is composite plastic. Take the bottom cushion off of your drivers seat and look at the bottom. Same stuff on the back cushion. Not going to be able to get it from a dealer but should be able to find the plastic at an place that carries sheet plastic,

Thrall
09-28-2009, 07:19 PM
To my knowledge, all the platforms are removeable, like Chi190 said. That littel "sun deck" piece of uphlstery should be about the easiest piece to replace. If you don't have the plastic backing anymore, just use a piece of marine grade plywood for the backing. An upholstery shop would have to re-do it, but should be pretty easy to match teh shape/taper of it as long as they had the boat.