View Full Version : Down

Monte
09-27-2009, 10:50 PM
:( I'm sick

Monte
09-27-2009, 11:08 PM

Jerseydave
09-27-2009, 11:14 PM
Holy smokes! Not a good way to end the season.
Will you pickle the engine and try to salvage her? Fresh water I hope.

Monte
09-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Holy smokes! Not a good way to end the season.
Will you pickle the engine and try to salvage her? Fresh water I hope.

Season is officially over for me:( Saving as much as I can is the only choice for me at this point. We were not able to get her up today, we ran out of daylight. I am going to the local tire shop in the morning to get a dozen or so truck inner tubes. We worked like hell from 4:30 when I found her until dark. We moved her up "beach" maybe 4 ft.

Skywalker
09-27-2009, 11:29 PM
if you can run some straps under the boat and atach some flotation to that. If you can get your hands on a trash pump use it to help suck out the water as soon as the boat starts to breach the water. I was a professional diver a couple of years back and I got pretty good at these little problems! I hate to see something like this. What caused her to go down?

Miss Rita
09-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Good god man, how awful! It just makes me sick to my stomach. I know it's just speculation, but is there any clue as to what happened?

Monte
09-27-2009, 11:35 PM
if you can run some straps under the boat and atach some flotation to that. If you can get your hands on a trash pump use it to help suck out the water as soon as the boat starts to breach the water. I was a professional diver a couple of years back and I got pretty good at these little problems! I hate to see something like this. What caused her to go down?

We had a lot of rain and I was out of town with the Mrs. One of my neighbors told me he picked up almost 10 inches in his rain guage over the weekend. I guess the bilge pump quit working. My plan is to do a z pattern across the bottom and use a dozen or so inner tubes. Only thing I know to do,

LaRue
09-27-2009, 11:38 PM
not sure what to say but sorry man. i can't imagine. hope tomorrow brings some breaks and positive results!

Skywalker
09-27-2009, 11:45 PM
We had a lot of rain and I was out of town with the Mrs. One of my neighbors told me he picked up almost 10 inches in his rain guage over the weekend. I guess the bilge pump quit working. My plan is to do a z pattern across the bottom and use a dozen or so inner tubes. Only thing I know to do,

you must live down south!

rholmes
09-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Man, that is awful. Sorry to see that...

Skywalker
09-27-2009, 11:51 PM
dont wory with the z patern it will just cause the straps to spin and you will just have the inner tubes come up. Just tie a roap to a rear cleat and go straight across under the boat and tie the floats as far down as you can, do this on both sides! also you will need to fill up both sides as close to the same time as you can! I wish I could help!

scott023
09-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Holy crap Monte... sorry to see this. Breaks a guys heart. Good luck with the recovery.

pram
09-28-2009, 12:35 AM
that sucks @ss

mbpd312
09-28-2009, 01:05 AM
Im sick too!! good luck Monte

flipper
09-28-2009, 01:28 AM
That's horrible Monte....sorry man

VOLFAN
09-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Man that sukcs Monte. I hope you get her up and out today. If I was closer I would come help ya!

TMCNo1
09-28-2009, 06:40 AM
It's sad to see that. I know the work you've done, now you've got more to do.

Chief
09-28-2009, 07:13 AM
UGH! That brings a tear to my eye. Good luck brother. I wish I was closer.

Hammer
09-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Man, sorry to see that. Good luck on getting her up.

JohnE
09-28-2009, 08:13 AM
Bert, you know I wish I lived closer so I could help......Sorry bro.

lanier92prostar
09-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Bert that sucks. Best of luck getting the boat up today.

shepherd
09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Sucks! Good luck with her. Wish I was there to help.

Double D
09-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Monte that freakin sucks butt chunks!! My heart goes out to you brother!:(

trickskier
09-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Bert - Sad to see - Wish I were closer to help. Good Luck getting her up!!!

sizzler
09-28-2009, 08:39 AM
monte.....that hurts........sorry to see that

as an afterthought....arent they only sposed to sink as far as the gunwhales????..i thought they had so much flotation in them ,thats how they were designed???

ttu
09-28-2009, 08:41 AM
bert, sorry to see this happen to anyone! good luck with getting her up.:(

TX.X-30 fan
09-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Sorry to see that Monte, keep your spirits up and good luck.

cmw
09-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Sorry this happened to you. I think I can guess where you live now. Good luck getting her up!

D3skier
09-28-2009, 09:08 AM
Monte... sorry to see your boat sunk but guess you can look on the bright side of things... now you have a good excuse to get your new boat now.

JohnE
09-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Monte... sorry to see your boat sunk but guess you can look on the bright side of things... now you have a good excuse to get your new boat now.

I had a lead on a screaming deal last week too.;)

thatsmrmastercraft
09-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Really sorry to see you in such a bad situation. Best of luck with the recovery. Wish I could lend a hand.

russlars
09-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Makes me sick to see that. Hopefully you have put in a call to your insurance carrier. If you have full coverage on your boat they should be able to assist in the salvage effort and possible replacement if deemed a total loss.

Age Fighter
09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Makes me sick to see that. Hopefully you have put in a call to your insurance carrier. If you have full coverage on your boat they should be able to assist in the salvage effort and possible replacement if deemed a total loss.

ITS MORE THAN THAT -- you MUST call them and you must do whatever you can to reduce the loss. Pay a towing company or whoever you need to get the boat out of the water. That will be covered by insurance, as will any effort to reduce the eventual monetary loss. In fact, NOT doing this will hurt your claim effort.
Don't go cheap. Do what you have to do NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SkiDog
09-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Monte, damnit man! So sorry to read this man! I don't have to ask if you're covered, do I?:D Man that ***!

ttu
09-28-2009, 09:53 AM
ITS MORE THAN THAT -- you MUST call them and you must do whatever you can to reduce the loss. Pay a towing company or whoever you need to get the boat out of the water. That will be covered by insurance, as will any effort to reduce the eventual monetary loss. In fact, NOT doing this will hurt your claim effort.
Don't go cheap. Do what you have to do NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is his own insurance agent!

tlcrichardson
09-28-2009, 10:02 AM
I hope all went well. I wish you the best, wish I was closer I would be there to help. Just hang in there and next year you will be happy you saved her.

JohnE
09-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Monte, damnit man! So sorry to read this man! I don't have to ask if you're covered, do I?:D Man that ***!

You might have to ask....

JimN
09-28-2009, 10:08 AM

That's hard for us to look at- I can't imagine what you're going through.

Do you, or anyone you know, have an inflatable raft? That, or a couple of inner tubes lashed together at the bow and stern will raise it to the surface and then you can pump the water out to make it float.

bxroads
09-28-2009, 10:18 AM
On the bright side, it’s just a boat, and an older one at that (if I remember correctly). The significance of age being the lack of electronics. Raise it, dry it out (including engine), a few quick oil changes, and you’re back in business. Heck, that’s one of the benefits of an older boat.

Age Fighter
09-28-2009, 10:39 AM
he is his own insurance agent!

Is he his own agent? Or his own provider? Meaning, is he insured or self-insured? Of course if the boat is older and he is self insuring -- then my point is moot.

east tx skier
09-28-2009, 10:50 AM
Sorry to see that, Monte. Wish it weren't so. Good luck getting her up and dried out.

bobx1
09-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Very sorry to see this. Not sure where you live but I am in Louisiana and will be happy to help out if you are relatively close.

RexDog1
09-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Wow I am so sorry ……………. I don’t know what to say……….. Sorry..:(:(:(:(

SkiDog
09-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I had a lead on a screaming deal last week too.;)

I'll make him a screaming deal on an 07X2! That way we can keep it in the family, so to speak!

aremsing
09-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Monte, sorry to hear about that. Good luck getting her up

Sodar
09-28-2009, 11:48 AM
On the bright side, it’s just a boat, and an older one at that (if I remember correctly). The significance of age being the lack of electronics. Raise it, dry it out (including engine), a few quick oil changes, and you’re back in business. Heck, that’s one of the benefits of an older boat.

Hit the nail right on the head.

This happens a few times a season (if not more) where I boat. Most guys can sink in the morning, have the engine dried out and oil changed for the evening glass off.

Good Luck, Bert!

treptowr
09-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Even if you got ten inches of rain, I guess I don't understand how it would sink like that? These boats are regularly loaded with more ballast and people weight than that and they don't sink? Maybe the rain water somehow piles up to the back or a back corner of the boat and sinks it there? Either way, sorry for your loss.

bcampbe7
09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Man! That hurts to look at!

Sorry Monte... You put a lot of time and money into that boat. Sucks to see it like this.

KnoxX2
09-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Monte I know we talked last night but again sorry for the loss!!!!! Call me and let me know how things are going!

Hrkdrivr
09-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Monte, Monte, Monte....

Uggghh...I just threw up a little in my mouth...

Sorry dude...

McFire
09-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Wow. That sucks. Sorry to see/hear that.

TallRedRider
09-28-2009, 11:47 PM
Monte,

So sorry to see this happen. Best of luck at getting things made right.

Everyone take notice of how a bilge pump failure can be devastating. 10 inches of rain should not sink a boat if the bilge pump is working. I just posted a thread last night about how I was almost about to dig my boat off the bottom of Lake Mead 4 days ago when both bilge pumps decided to fail at the same time.

Monte
09-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Well, She floats!! Got her on top of the water yesterday evening about 6:30. I have pictures on my home computer, so I will post them later. Now to go put the trailer back together (I had it completely torn apart for a refurbish, which is the reason the boat was in the water) I will put it back together undone and get the boat in the dry. Thanks for all the responses. I still do not know the full extent of the damage, but will soon find out. I am crossing my fingers for a good underwater gear scenario.

D3skier
09-29-2009, 10:41 AM
good to hear Bert... hope repairs are minimal for you....

Gonzo
09-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Man, just saw this, glad to hear its above water again. Hope everything goes well,..... O yea, and you can ignore my PM about the wakeboard, seems a little trivial now lol....

2010Prostar197
09-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear you got it back up!!!

Question is as was mentioned in a couple of posts on previous pages how come it sank below the rub rail????

I was always told boats made after a certain date would not sink below the rub rail because of all the flotation and was part of the Coast Guard requirement.

Still not a good thing even at the rub rail for sure but what if this was in the middle of a lake with kids, friends etc in there and the boat started to go down in 40 feet of water????? Of course life jackets would save the people....and I guess tie a long rope on the bow eye so you can find the boat later???

barefoot
09-29-2009, 11:13 AM
A boaters worst nightmare.

Good to here it's floating again. Take stock and hopefully everything will turn out alright after she's dried out.

JDK
09-29-2009, 01:47 PM
I was always told boats made after a certain date would not sink below the rub rail because of all the flotation and was part of the Coast Guard requirement.

Hard ballast???

Monte
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Glad to hear you got it back up!!!

Question is as was mentioned in a couple of posts on previous pages how come it sank below the rub rail????

Still not a good thing even at the rub rail for sure but what if this was in the middle of a lake with kids, friends etc in there and the boat started to go down in 40 feet of water????? Of course life jackets would save the people....and I guess tie a long rope on the bow eye so you can find the boat later???

No foam in the boat anywhere, Surprising, but true. If I wind up keeping it, I will need to find some way to get some styrofoam blown/placed in the gunnels and some in the bow. I may loose some storage, but the alternative is much worse.

Monte
09-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Hard ballast???

Nope, a LOT of rain. Cover was on it, but the water pooled on top until it caved in.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Glad to hear its back on top of the water. Best of luck with the rest of the work involved in the drying process.

Thrall
09-29-2009, 03:32 PM
D@mn Monte, that's rough! Best of luck getting 'er running again.
We got 6" of rain (that's waht was in the camping dishes int eh morning!) one night up at Flaming Gorge. No cover, boat was on the trailer though. Got too drunk to care or notice exactly how much it was raining!:D That filled the bilge, battery box and cooler right up to carpet level. Didn't even notice it until we got home that afternoon and saw 3" of water above the carpet on one side when I parked it on a slope.
Battery, starter, blower, etc had all been under water for a while and no issues after I drained it. All the wiring under the dash, etc was soaked. That was 2 years ago.
Once you get the water out of the engine and trans, it'll be fine I bet.

10" of rain in an open bow is over 4,000lbs of ballast, rough calc. That'd be enough to slam 'er where the slightest wave could come over the gunnels.

peason
10-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Good to hear you got her up. Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the process.

ski_king
10-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Any updates?

TallRedRider
10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
D@mn Monte, that's rough! Best of luck getting 'er running again.
We got 6" of rain (that's waht was in the camping dishes int eh morning!) one night up at Flaming Gorge. No cover, boat was on the trailer though. Got too drunk to care or notice exactly how much it was raining!:D That filled the bilge, battery box and cooler right up to carpet level. Didn't even notice it until we got home that afternoon and saw 3" of water above the carpet on one side when I parked it on a slope.
Battery, starter, blower, etc had all been under water for a while and no issues after I drained it. All the wiring under the dash, etc was soaked. That was 2 years ago.
Once you get the water out of the engine and trans, it'll be fine I bet.

10" of rain in an open bow is over 4,000lbs of ballast, rough calc. That'd be enough to slam 'er where the slightest wave could come over the gunnels.

And why did the bilge pump not pump it out?

I am in the process of fixing my bilge pumps and you bet that one of them will be wired directly to the battery. I have said it before, MC wires their bilge pumps so that when you shut off the battery switch, the bilge pumps shut off too...bad idea. I know of at least one other manufacturer that puts them straight to the battery. The odds of getting a dead battery with a malfunctioning bilge pump are pretty slim...and I would take those odds in favor of the boat filling with water during a big rain storm. I would be willing to bet that 10 inches of rain would not cause a problem for a 750 GPH bilge pump.

Kingsley X-1
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
And why did the bilge pump not pump it out?

I am in the process of fixing my bilge pumps and you bet that one of them will be wired directly to the battery. I have said it before, MC wires their bilge pumps so that when you shut off the battery switch, the bilge pumps shut off too...bad idea. I know of at least one other manufacturer that puts them straight to the battery. The odds of getting a dead battery with a malfunctioning bilge pump are pretty slim...and I would take those odds in favor of the boat filling with water during a big rain storm. I would be willing to bet that 10 inches of rain would not cause a problem for a 750 GPH bilge pump.

First off Monte what a bummer...any update on getting it running again?

Tall Red 10" of water is a hell of storm. i dont care if you had three batteries, it would kill them trying to pump out all that water. with a failed cover i cant even imagine how much water would have been in the boat say if it was on the trailer. i am guessing the cover kept out 2 inches before it failed. just speculation though.

hooking the pumps up directly to the batt is a good idea. i always leave my breaker switch thing on all the time with no problems.

Thrall
10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=TallRedRider;638702]And why did the bilge pump not pump it out?

QUOTE]

Because it wasn't on! I never leave it on auto unless it's sitting in the water all night. It was on the trailer when this happened.

TallRedRider
10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Tall Red 10" of water is a hell of storm. i dont care if you had three batteries, it would kill them trying to pump out all that water.

Actually not. I think someone estimated above that 10 inches of rain would be about 4,000 pounds in a boat like that. With a 750 GPH bilge pump, you could pump 4,000 pounds of water in about 40 minutes. I doubt that the 10 inches of rain fell in 40 minutes. The nice things about these bilge pumps is they use very little amperege and a single battery could pump that easily.

Miss Rita
10-11-2009, 11:51 PM
With a 750 GPH bilge pump, you could pump 4,000 pounds of water in about 40 minutes.

The bilge pump ratings are under no-load condition, i.e. if there was no outlet hose. In real world conditions no bilge pump can perform anywhere near its rated capacity. Just for fun, get a bucket and measure how much water your pump will produce in a minute. I think you'll be surprised.

GNAT87
10-12-2009, 12:39 AM

TallRedRider
10-12-2009, 12:54 AM
The bilge pump ratings are under no-load condition, i.e. if there was no outlet hose. In real world conditions no bilge pump can perform anywhere near its rated capacity. Just for fun, get a bucket and measure how much water your pump will produce in a minute. I think you'll be surprised.

True...fairly exaggerated, but true. I do know a Tsunami 1200 can fill a 400 pound sack in less than 4 minutes. All the way over the side of the boat. That is actually about %80 of what it is rated to do... it is actually 'near its rated capacity'. I am sure the Rule and other aerator style pumps are the same. You can even get the Tsunami 1200 for your bilge if you want.

But the point being that it is incredibly difficult for a boat to sink due to any rainstorm outside of a complete hurricane just due to the rain if you have a functioning bilge pump or two. Waves and wind are another story, but rain alone should virtually never sink a boat, IMHO.

Sorry Monte for the minor hijack, but I am sure you would hate to see anyone else have to go through what you have experienced.

Monte
10-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Just an update. She runs! Had to get the starter and the alternator rebuilt, but she runs. I have been spending a lot of time working on it, thus the reason I have not been here.

ttu
10-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Just an update. She runs! Had to get the starter and the alternator rebuilt, but she runs. I have been spending a lot of time working on it, thus the reason I have not been here.

that is great news!!!!:D

we all missed you over here.

TX.X-30 fan
10-12-2009, 11:03 AM

Was your digital camera in the glovebox?? :mad:

TX.X-30 fan
10-12-2009, 11:04 AM
8 pages and not a single picture is not acceptable.

Monte
10-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Was your digital camera in the glovebox?? :mad:

No, but my binoculars were:mad: I have torn my stereo apart along with my amp. pulled the speakers they have all been sitting in front of a fan since the boat came up. I have cleaned them with electriclean and q-tips. (note to self... elctriclean removes silicone protectant on marine circut boards.. I think they will all function.

BTW All my guages work too;)

Monte
10-12-2009, 11:45 AM
8 pages and not a single picture is not acceptable.

I have some pictures, but they depress me:(

ski_king
10-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Did insurance cover anything?

MCOC
10-12-2009, 11:56 AM
amazing story.

mayo93prostar
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Monte, man up and post them. this is an interesting story. glad to hear (not see) that you got it running.

denverd1
10-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Monte, Wow.. Glad to hear she runs! Could have been a very expensive winter!

ahhudgins
10-12-2009, 09:59 PM
That's the sight that every boater fears, but I'm glad you got it dry and running. Many years ago I had a cover cave in during 3 days of rain. The bildge pump kicked in but the old brittle hose broke off at the outlet going thru the hull. Bildge pump just pumped the water back into the boat and ran the battery dead. A neighbor called me and told me my boat looked a "little low in the water" and it was at the floor boards when I got to the lake. Since then I've never left my boat in the water over night unless I was staying at the lake.

flya750
10-15-2009, 05:45 PM
now nine pages and still no pictures of the boat raising?

..just sayin'...;)

Monte
10-23-2009, 04:47 PM
First water test run Sunday..

BTW the Clarion still works....

trickskier
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
Good to hear!!! Remember to put the PLUG in...........;)

Monte
10-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Good to hear!!! Remember to put the PLUG in...........;)

Maybe:D The plug was in it before:rolleyes::o

trickskier
10-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Maybe:D The plug was in it before:rolleyes::o

But it was in the H2o at the time.............;)

wheeler
10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Send us some pics of the aftermath... :D

Glad she is on top of water now, good news. Now you have all winter to spit and polish her up for next spring!

Monte
10-23-2009, 08:50 PM
A lot of you fellas have asked for pics of the lifting. It was a *****. These pictures make me sick, and the fact that I have one HELL of a neighbor/ Boat mechanic/ FRIEND is a Godsend.

Now, that leads me to a question for the board. He has worked like a whore in harbor to elp me out. He has yet to ask for a dime, even though I have asked what I owe him many times. "Nah man" is all I get. I know I owe him something I don't know what to do to show him the gratitude.. Give me some ideas..

Nonetheless, here she is rising from the deep

JimN
10-23-2009, 08:59 PM
He has worked like a whore in harbor to help me out.

Exactly what did you ask him to do for you? :D

What kind of tools does he use? Does he need any? Maybe the tool truck of his choice sells gift certificates (pick his brain discreetly about this), or if "you just happen to be in his workshop and have access to his stuff", you could look at the brands to find out what he prefers. Dinner at a nice restaurant is good, too. What do you do that he may need?

Monte
10-23-2009, 09:02 PM
A few more

Abe
10-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Well You Gotta start with offering Him and His Familly ECT, Out on The Boat for The day,If Its Running yet, All expenses paid, A Big Thank you with beer and BBQ.

Monte
10-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Exactly what did you ask him to do for you? :D

What kind of tools does he use? Does he need any? Maybe the tool truck of his choice sells gift certificates (pick his brain discreetly about this), or if "you just happen to be in his workshop and have access to his stuff", you could look at the brands to find out what he prefers. Dinner at a nice restaurant is good, too. What do you do that he may need?

Nothing to be honest.

I called him to say "um.. dude.. um.. The boat is sunk.." He came home from his shop with two 5 gallon buckets. He dropped them when he saw the boat.:rolleyes:

Good recommendations:cool:

Monte
10-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Well You Gotta start with offering Him and His Familly ECT, Out on The Boat for The day,If Its Running yet, All expenses paid, A Big Thank you with beer and BBQ.

He doesn't drink and I already call him everytime I take it out, no way I ever ask him for gas $ anyway, he does whatever it needs right there whist we ride. He's mean as hell on a Maha:cool: BBQ is a good thought:cool:

dummy
10-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Glad you're on the road to recovery, man.

As for your neighbor, JimN's suggestion of tools is a great one. A buddy helped my wife and me move, so I got him a $250 IR impact gun. Normally I'll kick out $200-$300 or so for a decent thank you present for a buddy or somebody who really helped me out when my fat was in the frier.

How's his air compressor? If he spent a bunch of time on your recovery (like a full day or two???) maybe nab him a Craftsman twin-stage compressor. They're like $400, so maybe that's too much, but think along those lines.

As for the view from the other side of the fence, I've done a ton of work on my buddy's '99 Silverado. Engine/exhaust upgrades, installed a lift kit, fixed a bunch of stuff that's gone wrong with it, etc. I've never expected nor wanted anything other than a thank you in return, but the last time he came down he had a brand new propane grill in the bed as a thank you. Basically made me take it. More than the grill, it's a token of how much he appreciates my help. That means more than the hunk of stainless. Okay - Oprah moment over. But a grill would be another good gift. Wheel it over to his place with a ribbon on it, then cook up some steaks on it and fill him with beers.

bturner2
10-24-2009, 06:32 AM
Maha is still alive and well on the web. They have a ton of stuff on their site that you could possibly hook him up with. How are the bindings looking on that Maha of his?

http://www.mahaskis.com/accessories.html

Sounds like a great guy. You're lucky to have such a good friend so close.

cbryan70
10-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Crompressor may not be a bad idea and if you want to move forward with that let me know. I know of a few that are laying around at great deals

TX.X-30 fan
10-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Crompressor may not be a bad idea and if you want to move forward with that let me know. I know of a few that are laying around at great deals

Give it a rest already. :D

peason
10-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks for pics Monte. Sure is great to have friends that will help anytime, anywhere!

Double D
10-24-2009, 11:38 AM
How about a gift card to Lowes or Home Depot, or a Visa gift card in the amount you think, so he can get whatever he wants. I had an electrician friend of mine supply me with 130' of #6-3 wire for the new garage and he shipped it and wouldn't take any money. Saved me $300+. So for Xmas he is going to get a nice gift card.

JohnE
10-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Bert, do something nice for that guy. It doesn't need to be uber expensive. I've done tons of favors for people over the years. It ain't the amount, but to just know that someone appreciates it is what matters. I imagine he knows you appreciate what he does or else he would stop helping you out.

SkiDog
10-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Bert, do something nice for that guy. It doesn't need to be uber expensive. I've done tons of favors for people over the years. It ain't the amount, but to just know that someone appreciates it is what matters. I imagine he knows you appreciate what he does or else he would stop helping you out.

I know! Give him a picture of the TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Bet he'd like that!:D:D

JohnE
10-25-2009, 07:34 PM
I know! Give him a picture of the TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Bet he'd like that!:D:D

Or introduce them in person.:D