PDA

View Full Version : How to attach PS197 Boat Cover poles

Gator
09-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I just purchased a OEM Mastercraft Boat Cover for my PS197 and it has two poles with 3 straps on each. How do I attach the straps?

EarlyriserX9
09-28-2009, 03:21 PM
There should be two white straps on one of the poles. These two straps attach to the grab bars up front in the bow. The third strap on that pole needs to be extended over the winshield and and motor box. the remain two straps on the back should be attached to the eyelets underneath the rear seat. I haven't been on my buddy's X7 for a couple months, but your setup should be the same as my X9. Let me know if you have questions.

JohnnyB
10-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Mine has two poles:

Pole with 3 black straps....goes in open bow w/ two shorter straps go around grap bars with buckles, 3rd goes over windshield and loops to strap coming from back pole

Pole with two white and one black....whites with metal clips I clip to rings under rear seat, black sgrap connects to one coming from front pole...

JGIBBS
10-18-2009, 12:14 PM
There should be two white straps on one of the poles. These two straps attach to the grab bars up front in the bow. The third strap on that pole needs to be extended over the winshield and and motor box. the remain two straps on the back should be attached to the eyelets underneath the rear seat. I haven't been on my buddy's X7 for a couple months, but your setup should be the same as my X9. Let me know if you have questions.

Could you post a picture or two? I have a 05 X-9. I have 3 poles.

Gator
09-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Those straps were a nuisance to install and climb over all the time, so I removed them from the two poles and replaced them with a snap on the cover and the top of each pole.