PDA

View Full Version : zero off gps antenna cable routing

jteter08197
09-27-2009, 10:37 AM
I would like to put my antennas in front of the windshield on either side of the boat like I have seen on some 197 tournament boats. any suggestions on how to route the antennal cables?

thanks

jteter08197
01-31-2010, 10:27 PM
any ideas?

erkoehler
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
Jason,

I would have to double check, but I am 99% sure that the only way would be to go around the front of the bow. Off the top of my head, there is no way to get under/around the cooler.

Eric

jkski
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
As a thought for you, why not place them on the inside of the windshield on the fiberglass between the dash pod and the windshield base. I have the one for my Stargazer mounted there and have had no problems, but you'll want to check with ZO as maybe smething is different.
With that said, I think there is still an area behind the cooler that will allow you to run a wire from left to right so that you do not have to go around the bow. From there, you should be able to fish your wire up behind the front seat back cushion(you may have to loosen it a bit) so that you do not have to drill through the fiberglass. Then simply stick it to the fiberglass outside the winshield.

Sodar
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Jason,

I would have to double check, but I am 99% sure that the only way would be to go around the front of the bow. Off the top of my head, there is no way to get under/around the cooler.

Eric

If the boat has a heater, there is a passage way under the cooler. I am not sure if the passage is still there without a factory installed heater, though...