PDA

View Full Version : Video Camera Download Software recommendations

prostar205
09-26-2009, 11:39 AM
I have a Canon D40 (mini-DVD based) camcorder that is about 3 years old. The software it came with is Roxio MyDVD by Sonic Solutions. It's not worth as crap. It won't run on my new computer with VISTA and now won't run on my other computer running XP.

Any suggestions on a better software program? The problem I'm having is the DVDs won't download onto my computer.

D3skier
09-26-2009, 11:55 AM
not sure about the Vista machine and compatibility but for the XP machine try uninstalling and reinstall the software also found this website http://www.sonic.com/ for the software and possibly an upgrade of the software as well.

russlars
09-26-2009, 01:02 PM
I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 and have been very pleased with how it works. I also use a mini-DV video camera.

JimN
09-26-2009, 03:22 PM
I have a Canon D40 (mini-DVD based) camcorder that is about 3 years old. The software it came with is Roxio MyDVD by Sonic Solutions. It's not worth as crap. It won't run on my new computer with VISTA and now won't run on my other computer running XP.

Any suggestions on a better software program? The problem I'm having is the DVDs won't download onto my computer.

Have you gone to the Roxio site to see if they have a driver update? Uninstall the existing software and install a new version.