PDA

View Full Version : Disneyworld Must Sees?

Willski
09-24-2009, 02:39 PM
We are taking the kids to Disney for the week starting Saturday. We have somewhat of a plan because we have some lunch/dinner reservations with the meal plan, so certain days we know what parks we will see. Any must see attractions etc?

dmminfla
09-24-2009, 02:42 PM
How old are the kids?

Willski
09-24-2009, 02:55 PM
.....5 & 7

lanier92prostar
09-24-2009, 02:59 PM
7 year old should be able to ride most all the rides. Lots to do down there. Get a park pass for the number of days you think you will go into the parks. Don't plan on going into the parks all days or you will be worn out.If they are into the characters, the character breakfast at the contemporary is a good time. When we go for the week, we usually spend 3-4 days in the parks and the rest on the properties, primarily Fort Wilderness which is where we stay.

jkski
09-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Just some suggestions and not in any particular order (some will depend on age of kids):
1) Soarin' (Hang Gliding simulation at Epcot)
2) Mission to Mars (simulation at Epcot)
3) GM Test Track (Epcot)
4) Night time laser show at Epcot
5) Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom(MK))
6) Fireworks and main street parade at MK
7) Haunted Mansion at MK
8) Safari at Animal Kingdom(AK)
9) Roller coaster at AK (don't recall the name but it is intense)
10) It's a Small World(MK) just to get annoyed by the music and to say you rode it.
11) Giant Golf Ball at Epcot

These are just some of the big ones, but if it is your first time there, be sure to map out a plan of attack and your day will go much smoother, especially with kids.

D3skier
09-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Just some suggestions and not in any particular order (some will depend on age of kids):
1) Soarin' (Hang Gliding simulation at Epcot)
2) Mission to Mars (simulation at Epcot)
3) GM Test Track (Epcot)
4) Night time laser show at Epcot
5) Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom(MK))
6) Fireworks and main street parade at MK
7) Haunted Mansion at MK
8) Safari at Animal Kingdom(AK)
9) Roller coaster at AK (don't recall the name but it is intense)
10) It's a Small World(MK) just to get annoyed by the music and to say you rode it.
11) Giant Golf Ball at Epcot

These are just some of the big ones, but if it is your first time there, be sure to map out a plan of attack and your day will go much smoother, especially with kids.

not sure about space mountain... we were there just two weeks ago and it was closed for renovation.. Check the Disney site for current status.

BIGBADBLUE
09-24-2009, 03:46 PM
I am a Disney World junkie ... you need to sign up for a membership at tour guide mike. It is like $20 and will give you the agendas, where to go and when to go to avoid ALL the crowds. His system works like a charm. I never wait in lines ... it will take a little bit of work but well worth the $20. He will tell you what day to go to what park and what order to see the atractions in.

http://www.tourguidemike.com/

Browndog2
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Try this site for great information about planning your trip and things to do.

www.allears.net

jdl xstar
09-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Check out Animal Kingdom.

Its still around 90 everyday so perhaps a day at blizzard beach would be good.

jbfootin
09-24-2009, 06:05 PM
I am taking my family Oct 3-8. This should be a helpful thread!

lanier92prostar
09-24-2009, 09:49 PM
I am a Disney World junkie ... you need to sign up for a membership at tour guide mike. It is like $20 and will give you the agendas, where to go and when to go to avoid ALL the crowds. His system works like a charm. I never wait in lines ... it will take a little bit of work but well worth the $20. He will tell you what day to go to what park and what order to see the atractions in.

http://www.tourguidemike.com/

This time of year, the lines are managable. We went the last week of Sept 2 years ago and rode all the rides without waiting in line.

TMCNo1
09-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Don't forget Aerosmith's Rockin' Rollercoaster @ MGM!

jkski
09-25-2009, 09:44 AM
I believe you said you are staying on Disney property, which makes your travel between parks a breeze on their bussing system(depending on where you are staying, you may have other transportation options).
One thing to take advantage of is the "Fast Pass" which allows you to get a ticket for a particular ride that may have a long wait and come back at a certain time and move quickly to the front of the line. The best way I found to use this is to go to the ride with the long line, get a fast pass from the self-serve kiosk, pay attention to the time that is printed on your ticket, then go ride something else...when the time on your ticket arrives, simply return to the rise and you'll be on in no time.

This is a poor description of how it works but hopefully you'll get the gist of it, needless to say it does save time and waiting.

Jonathan94
09-25-2009, 03:09 PM
I believe you said you are staying on Disney property, which makes your travel between parks a breeze on their bussing system(depending on where you are staying, you may have other transportation options).
One thing to take advantage of is the "Fast Pass" which allows you to get a ticket for a particular ride that may have a long wait and come back at a certain time and move quickly to the front of the line. The best way I found to use this is to go to the ride with the long line, get a fast pass from the self-serve kiosk, pay attention to the time that is printed on your ticket, then go ride something else...when the time on your ticket arrives, simply return to the rise and you'll be on in no time.

This is a poor description of how it works but hopefully you'll get the gist of it, needless to say it does save time and waiting.

definate must to use this and take advantage of knowing when you can get your next pass - typically it is before the time of the next ride so what we did was have one parent run to get a pass for another ride while you are waiting to use the pass you currently have. Wear good shoes because you will end up putting on some miles running all over the park

tlcrichardson
09-25-2009, 04:17 PM
We we are there we enter the gate and jump on the train and go to the back of the park. Get off at toontown and the kids are going to love it. It takes time to walk from the front to the back of the park. This will put you ahead of the crowd and the kids will get some of the rides before it loads up back there. Also if your staying on property you can get in 1 hour before the general public. You have to walk up Main Street with the kids from the from gate at some point so they can see it and you can see their eyes get big. One other thing. Spend some time relaxing on main street and watch the people and look out for the "balloon man". Nicely ask him if your kids can hold the ballons and get the picture with the castle in the back ground. He will let them hold them and he will also hold on to them and stand off to the side. It is a great picture and great christmas card hint hint. If you do a character breakfast to it at the Contepmary (not sure on the spelling) Resort. All the major ones are there. Mickey, Minnie, Goofie, Chip and Dale. If you do animal kingdom you have to see the lion king show. Enjoy.. M-I-C (see ya real soon)-K-E-Y(Y BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU) MOUUUSE..

trickskier
09-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Can't help you much with Disney as I go to Universal most of the time. If you can get to Old Town Friday or Saturday night - about 10 minutes East of Disney on US 192 you'll have a blast! Check out the link below:

http://www.old-town.com/

get_sum
09-25-2009, 08:55 PM
My son (3.5 yrs old) really liked the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Toy Story ride where you get to shoot the targets. Both are at the magic kingdom.

Willski
09-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Great suggestions all. We also have a book with a lot of the tricks. My wife is a major planner.

We are going to all the major 4 parks in the 7 days. Gives us some down time too. Free meal plan when we booked, so we have reservations various places. Leave tomorrow around noon!! We still haven't told the kids. Could be the surprise of their lives!

Willski
09-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Can't help you much with Disney as I go to Universal most of the time. If you can get to Old Town Friday or Saturday night - about 10 minutes East of Disney on US 192 you'll have a blast! Check out the link below:

Tricky,

We won't have a car, but one day maybe I'll play "sick" and we could ski and drink cutty all day!

atlfootr
09-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Forget all about Cypress Gardens :( closed again :rolleyes:
They say, Lego may buy it next time around.

TX.X-30 fan
09-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I would rather have a hemorrhoidectomy than go to Disney anything. :D

trickskier
09-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Tricky,

We won't have a car, but one day maybe I'll play "sick" and we could ski and drink cutty all day!

Are you there now? When do you leave to go back?

Willski
10-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Just got home last night. Only cracked open the computer once the whole stay! We had a good time. Did all 4 main parks and rode almost everything. Very short waits for the attractions. We waited longer for buses to and from the resort.

Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, and Rockin Rollercoaster were my favorites. My 5 year old daughter loved Tower of Terror! My son wouldn't go back on it!

tlcrichardson
10-05-2009, 08:34 AM
Well girls are crazier than the boys? As my daughter says "GIRL POWER". Glad you enjoyed your trip. I like seeing the big smiles on the little faces and two places that promise those smiles. One would be Disney and the other would be behind a Mastercraft.

DemolitionMan
12-28-2009, 09:35 PM

atlfootr
12-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Just got home last night.
Take any photos?
We'd all enjoy a look ski :rolleyes: thread's no good w/out pic's.

This attraction is a little ways outside Disney .. worth the trip.
http://www.skyventureorlando.com/

http://www.skyventureorlando.com/images/landing/landing_promovideo.gif (http://www.skyventureorlando.com/experience/video.aspx)

americanskierJim
01-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Here are some pics taken on are vacation at Disney FL.

Willski
09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Disney World Part II next week. Kids are 3 years older now, so I think they'll have a little different experience. Daughter should be able to ride everything this time.

ntidsl
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I want to go back every year!!! I am not sure if I had more fun or my son at 8. Truly an amazing place. Bought my son white shoes with white bottoms before we left and when we got home the bottoms were still white. I don't know how they do it!

millpondkid
09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
We went last spring with our 12 and 7 yr old. Seaworld was a blast we sat in the splash zone at the shamu show and ill tell ya we got soaked but we all laughed and had a fun time drying off. I enjoyed the vacation but will never go back due to other things on the family bucket list.

tideengineer
09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
awesome....we've been twice in last three years....kids ranged from 7-15 the first time we went and everyone had awesome time. Rockin Roller Coaster was a fav....

trickskier
09-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Disney World Part II next week. Kids are 3 years older now, so I think they'll have a little different experience. Daughter should be able to ride everything this time.

Hope you have a GREAT TIME!!! --- If you have the time go to OLD TOWN - 5 minutes from Disney on US-192. A lot of 50's & 60's muscle cars on Friday & Saturday night. Check out the link below:

http://myoldtownusa.com/events-2/

hondaprlud
09-07-2012, 07:54 AM

Have fun! We we Also enjoyed Disney pt 2. this August.

kstumpenhorst
09-07-2012, 08:39 AM
Just booked a trip for my family at the end of Oct. My wife loves disney and I think she forces it on our kids. lol

h2oskifreak
09-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Money, bring lots of it, and when you think you have enough cash for the Disney trip, add another few thousand.

east tx skier
09-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Haven't been in a while, but a few suggestions.

1. Get a Dole Whip.
2. Don't forget to take a picture of the Walt and Mickey "Partners" statue a/k/a "Happy Walt" from the far right hand side. 8p

Willski
09-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Eastie. I had to look up both of those, but now I get it!

rjracin240
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM

+1 Great car shows Small but fun!

Another attraction at Disney

http://www.drivepetty.com/race-tracks/orlando-walt-disney-world-speedway?gclid=CP600ozwo7ICFSFrtgod0isApg

east tx skier
09-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Eastie. I had to look up both of those, but now I get it!

Yeah, not exactly something I was going to post. But it's definitely a photo op not worth missing.