PDA

View Full Version : '05 X star - built in ice chest

Pnolte4
09-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Is the ice chest under the front center seat cushion supposed to have a plug? Mine doesn't & it's terrible, the ice melts quickly,the water drains and the drinks start to get warm in no time. Anybody have any suggestions to make this usable? I've stopped using it, it's worthless as it is.

x-swagger
09-24-2009, 01:28 PM
i bought an '04 x-star and same deal... no plug, ice melts fast, no bueno...:mad:

88 PS190
09-24-2009, 01:30 PM
We have this chris craft I/O with one of those bow coolers, also worthless, I put a plug in the bottom, dried it out and use it to store things I don't want wet. In that function it seems pretty good.

ORX-1
09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Sounds like a good place for shoes!

deminimis
09-24-2009, 04:06 PM
We tried the cooler a couple of times. I tend to take water over the bow every now and then when we're really loaded up, so at least with me, the open drain is needed. As a cooler, I agree, just about worthless. Good for water, but anything that needs to stay cold goes into a regular cooler. I agree with ORX-1, so long as the shoes are Keens, etc.

skeeler
09-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Yep, that's were I keep the dock lines.

Ole Miss Rebels
09-24-2009, 06:34 PM
my '05 and '08 xstars both had a drain in the ice chest and they work well and i use them every outing. my '05 was mfg. in nov. of '04 so maybe it had something to do with the build date but i can't imagine the ice chest not having a drain in it. we did have to go out and buy a stopper for it , however so we wouldn't lose all of our cold water when the ice melted.

capnkirk52
09-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Use mine every time. Are your drinks cold when you start out in the morning? You can't expect the ice to take the heat out of your drinks and not melt... My ice usually lasts until 3 or 4 PM and that's plenty of time to not care if your drink is a bit warmer at the end of the day.

Jerseydave
09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Mine doesn't hold enough cans of.....uh......drinks! :) I use it for a fender and dock lines.

Bought one of these for the cold stuff.......works great!

www.polarbearcoolers.com

TOO-TALL
09-25-2009, 11:07 PM
I second the polar bear coolers...

rzafire
09-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Is the ice chest under the front center seat cushion supposed to have a plug? Mine doesn't & it's terrible, the ice melts quickly,the water drains and the drinks start to get warm in no time. Anybody have any suggestions to make this usable? I've stopped using it, it's worthless as it is.

Put a plug in it. Start with cold drinks. I personally use for the kids drinks and waters. It seems to work pretty good that way. The adult bevs ride in the back cooler!:)