PDA

View Full Version : Will it ever stop raining?

nitro5238
09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Well....just got done with my first front transmission seal replacement and I am beginning to wonder if I am ever going to find out if everything went ok. Been raining here in the Atlanta area for almost two weeks straight now. Almost 20 inches of rain so far. My local lake, (Allatoona) has gone from 3 feet below full pool to now 3 feet over full pool with no end in sight. Have stood in the garage watching it rain and waxed and polished everything in sight on the old Prostar. Oh well just wanted to vent........at least I can self-rescue myself if I ever need a boat handy. Maybe this will be good time for me to do that carpet replacement job I have been putting off.

SkiDog
09-21-2009, 02:54 PM
How's Lake Lanier these days, coming up to normal levels?

DemolitionMan
09-21-2009, 03:05 PM
It rained here in Augusta all weekend too.

cmw
09-21-2009, 03:16 PM
It has been raining cats and dogs again for the last hour. Our power has been blinking on and off and I got an email to pick my kids up from school early. I work for a water treatment plant and we love to see it rain!

mlay
09-21-2009, 03:27 PM
My baseball games have been canceled also, pretty wet here in the Athens area too.

Thrall
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
It quit raining here today.....................started SNOWING!
Been snowing lightly in Vail all morning.

Double D
09-21-2009, 03:47 PM
My baseball games have been canceled also, pretty wet here in the Athens area too.

Is that Athens, Georgia? I am actually traveling there tomorrow (Tuesday, 9/22/09) to start a project for the local food bank. Only going to be their one night for this trip so is their anything to do besides watch the rain??:rolleyes: Thanks!!

D3skier
09-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Is that Athens, Georgia? I am actually traveling there tomorrow (Tuesday, 9/22/09) to start a project for the local food bank. Only going to be their one night for this trip so is their anything to do besides watch the rain??:rolleyes: Thanks!!

sounds like you might be swimming to the office...

mlay
09-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Not much really in this rain, but if you want some suggestions on places to eat just let me know what your in the mood for and I can probably point you in the right direction.

#47of100TeamMC
09-22-2009, 03:30 PM
send that rain cloud my way... Took the boat out of the lake a few weeks ago for Labor day weekend, (headed out of town for some skiing) dropped it back in the lake last week and couldn't get it on the lift...water was down too low. Threw it back on the trailer. Then 2 days ago, tried to drop it back in the lake for some skiing...couldn't get it off the trailer... Water too low! Might be done for the season.

Double D
09-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Not much really in this rain, but if you want some suggestions on places to eat just let me know what your in the mood for and I can probably point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the reply. We are staying up by the University of Georgia so we are going to walk the streets and hit a few bars :D and grab a bite. As for the rain, nothing in Athens today. It was, and is, sunny and beautiful.

mbeach
09-23-2009, 09:15 PM
got a buddy who lives in duluth with a lake place in keystone heights, fl. anyway, he spent day with me today and related that the corps of engr has the buford dam on lanier letting out water to the tune of nearly 2 milliion gallons/day and is contributing to the problems in atlanta. so i guess you would say lanier is at full pool stage.

cmw
09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
I heard Lanier only gained 3'. Don't get me wrong, that is a lot for Lanier in a couple of days, but still not at full pool.

cmw
09-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Just looked it up. The lake is at 1067.96 and full pool is 1071.0. A lot closer than I thought!