PDA

View Full Version : Season Done? Say it Aint so.

h2oskifreak
09-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Two weeks ago I skied 3 sets and was pretty used when I finished. I had a pull at 32 off that I said "Crumpled Me". I didn't fall, made the pass, but just felt out of position and knew it was not good. The next day my back was out. The next few days were rough, Dr.'s apts., mineral baths and still only about 80%. I hate to think I could be done but water is getting cold here in CO. and I did make my season goal of a full 35' pass (4 times). I'm no quitter but think I may call it done, as I have a Jamaica trip in less than 30 days and I am not one who can just go out and not "go for it". I have had a great year and it kills me to end my season 30 days earlier than normal, but I think I may be getting wiser in my later years. Who esle is done for the year?

Age Fighter
09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Two weeks ago I skied 3 sets and was pretty used when I finished. I had a pull at 32 off that I said "Crumpled Me". I didn't fall, made the pass, but just felt out of position and knew it was not good. The next day my back was out. The next few days were rough, Dr.'s apts., mineral baths and still only about 80%. I hate to think I could be done but water is getting cold here in CO. and I did make my season goal of a full 35' pass (4 times). I'm no quitter but think I may call it done, as I have a Jamaica trip in less than 30 days and I am not one who can just go out and not "go for it". I have had a great year and it kills me to end my season 30 days earlier than normal, but I think I may be getting wiser in my later years. Who esle is done for the year?

I am hoping for another 45 days or so. Glad you have the Jamaica trip to look forward to, and you don't want to be crippled for that.
Great minds think alike BTW. We do Jamaica in December.

h2oskifreak
09-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I am hoping for another 45 days or so. Glad you have the Jamaica trip to look forward to, and you don't want to be crippled for that.
Great minds think alike BTW. We do Jamaica in December.
I get real lucky this year, Jamaica in Oct., Costa Rica in December.

Age Fighter
09-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I get real lucky this year, Jamaica in Oct., Costa Rica in December.

Well, I am no longer sorry you had your ski season cut short!!! (LOL)