PDA

View Full Version : Power Loss

megedo23
09-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi All, i have seen a few posts with reference to power loss but the issues i have do not seem to be mentioned. Would appreciate any help you guys can give.
I have an 06 X-Star and yesterday while going out with 4 people and gear on the boat we could not get to 12mph with full throttle pressed forward, today after checking fuel pump tried again and some problem. With boat in neutral and throttle controller pushed forward i can get 5-6000 rpm easy and engine feels like it has alot of power. Once we start moving the boat really struggles to pick up speed i cannot go over 3000 rpm and it takes several minutes to go from standstill to 20mph and thats with only one passenger and empty boat.
Battery, Ignition all ok and no engine alarms coming on. I checked the spark arrestor and thats also ok. Diagnostics software connected to laptop is not showing any errors. I have recorded a whole clip of the diagnostics check while trying to accelerate however not sure what im looking at there seems to be loads of parameters.

vision
09-20-2009, 03:21 PM
You did have significant ballast in the rear lockers by chance did you?

megedo23
09-21-2009, 02:17 AM
No all ballast tanks empty....:)

megedo23
09-28-2009, 07:54 AM
info for those that are interested, problem seems to have been in the TAC (Throttle Actuator Controller) unit that sits just below the spark arrestor. Removed it cleaned it and now boat seems to be working fine. On another issue cylinder number 3 does not seem to be firing so spark plug and cable check next. Any ideas of where to order engine and general parts for the x-star would be appreciated.:)