PDA

View Full Version : Got chest Xray, not good.

CantRepeat
09-18-2009, 09:03 PM
So, I'm doing my retirement physical and I have to get a chest Xray because I was exposed to tuberculosis in Korea in 93. So what comes back? I have the beginings of scoliosis from about the bottom of my shoulder blades down. From the first xray is seems i have at least an inch bow from right to left in my spin. I guess that would explain the knubness in my hips and shoulders for the last 10 years. T4 I think they called it. I went in today and had 22 xrays done on my back and shoulders.

I have no idea what's going to go next, but I may end up on medical hold for some time.

I had such a good summer too. :mad:

Justjoe
09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Wow. That kinda sucks. And here I though that scoliosis was a adolescent thing.

Get better. Chiropractic guys would probably promise you the moon (for whatever that is worth).

brucemac
09-18-2009, 09:23 PM
sorry to hear about that 92. get well soon.

Hrkdrivr
09-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Whoa...while this isn't anything to cheer about, when I read the title I was thinking "the big C."

Get better. Make sure everything is well-documented BEFORE you retire; it will save you some headaches w/the VA later...

thatsmrmastercraft
09-19-2009, 02:35 AM
Wow, tough news to get. Sorry to hear it. Not a subject that I have much knowledge of. I know some is normal but that sounds like a bit too much. Is there anything that can be done to control or reverse the curvature?

You have a big family here that will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

CantRepeat
09-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys and yes cancer would have been much worse news. Thank god it's not that.

2RLAKE
09-19-2009, 10:37 AM
sorry to hear ... hope it doesn't damper your activities

Willski
09-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Sorry to hear it. Best of luck in the future and any treatment or physical therapy that is recommended. I don't know much about it.

FlatBoard
09-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Good luck and God's speed. We should forward this to Jesus Freak for the prayer request thread. Be safe and stay well.

tlcrichardson
09-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Stay strong and get things straight soon. Get back out and enjoy your ride.

CantRepeat
09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Got the first set of xrays back and they have scheduled me for two MRIs, both back and shoulders. The PA says I have really disc issues. I've talk to many Soldiers that have had poor back health over the years and it never seems to get better for them.

Anyone know of an(many few) successfull recoveries from bluging or compressed disc? After about first 4 years in the Army I always had back pain but just delt with it. There we times when my hips and butt would go numb but with a lot of stretching and running it would go away.

Good news is at least they found it while I was still active but on terminal leave. This way it gets covered but I have all the time in world to get it work on.

ski_king
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
I have had neck and back issues….. in the past….

Unless your MRI's show something unexpected, I am guessing you will go thru PT for a period of time. If your condition doesn’t improve surgery may be suggested to "trim up" or remove the bulging disks and fuse the affected vertebrae’s together.
Then more PT and eventually a set of exercises for you to do daily to keep the back "in shape".

I had 2 separate issues. First was lumbar which PT and exercise took care of. Then cervical, which PT didn’t take care of and I had surgery.

Good Luck and keep skiing!

CantRepeat
09-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Haven't even gotten the MRIs done and I just found out I've had a fractured T11 for "an unknow" amount of time... will it ever end.

BriEOD
09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Make sure everything is well-documented BEFORE you retire; it will save you some headaches w/the VA later...

Can't echo this enough. Get copies and more copies. The VA is the most f)ked up institution on Earth. They could lose an elephant in a bathroom and they will lose your paperwork at some point, guaranteed.

CantRepeat
09-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Can't echo this enough. Get copies and more copies. The VA is the most f)ked up institution on Earth. They could lose an elephant in a bathroom and they will lose your paperwork at some point, guaranteed.

Yeah, it's taken me 3 request to get my "all" of my records of course they wont include any of this mess. I'll have to do another one for all the new stuff.

CantRepeat
10-20-2009, 08:47 AM
MRIs are finally completed

Compression fracture on T11 which has enlarged the disc between T11, 12 and 13.

Bulging disc on L2-3 and L4-5

Compression of all disc S2-L6

I also have 3 annular tears on 3 disc and they have stopped me from doing any physical therapy for my back.

Funny thing is, I feel pretty good today. :D

The worst part about all this is I had to winterize the boat last night. :mad:

André
10-20-2009, 09:26 PM
MRIs are finally completed

Compression fracture on T11 which has enlarged the disc between T11, 12 and 13.

Bulging disc on L2-3 and L4-5

Compression of all disc S2-L6

I also have 3 annular tears on 3 disc and they have stopped me from doing any physical therapy for my back.

Funny thing is, I feel pretty good today. :D

The worst part about all this is I had to winterize the boat last night. :mad:

Wow!That'a a lot of ...stuff!
Hope you get better soon!:)

TOO-TALL
10-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Anyone know of an(many few) successfull recoveries from bluging or compressed disc?

I had lower back surgery this last April 8th L5-S1 Ruptured disk.When the disk ruptured it hit the nerve that controlls my right foot and turned my foot off for about 3 weeks.Also had numbness in right leg a butt cheek.
My surgery was called Micro Disckoctamy, Laminkamy L5-S1(don't think I spelled them right).
Anyway its been 6 months and I feel greeeeeat!!.
I did six weeks of PT and now I go to the Gym three times a week for back strenght training.
Again I feel great..Still have some numb area's in my right foot and no strenght in my right foot,but no back pain(or very little).
I skied once this year and wake surfed alot and felt great afterwords.
I always stretch in the morning before work and it maks a huge differance.I highly recommend it.

My post about my ordeal and surgery is called "to all my friends on here help cheer me up"

I hope they can make you feel as god as I do.
Good luck man..

CantRepeat
10-21-2009, 08:14 AM
I had lower back surgery this last April 8th L5-S1 Ruptured disk.When the disk ruptured it hit the nerve that controlls my right foot and turned my foot off for about 3 weeks.Also had numbness in right leg a butt cheek.
My surgery was called Micro Disckoctamy, Laminkamy L5-S1(don't think I spelled them right).
Anyway its been 6 months and I feel greeeeeat!!.
I did six weeks of PT and now I go to the Gym three times a week for back strenght training.
Again I feel great..Still have some numb area's in my right foot and no strenght in my right foot,but no back pain(or very little).
I skied once this year and wake surfed alot and felt great afterwords.
I always stretch in the morning before work and it maks a huge differance.I highly recommend it.

My post about my ordeal and surgery is called "to all my friends on here help cheer me up"

I hope they can make you feel as god as I do.
Good luck man..

I've got a consult with ortho next week, I'm hoping for some good news and I'm hoping for a none surgical remedy but I doubt that I'll get that lucky.

Thanks for the info on your surgery. I've mainly only heard bad results but you do give me hope.

Willski
10-21-2009, 01:32 PM
The neighbor had surgery a few weeks ago to repair a ruptured disc and he is doing great! He is so relieved of his pain its amazing. So there are some surgery success stories if that is what it comes to.