PDA

View Full Version : 98 Anniversary Seat Decals- Option for Repair

EricB
09-16-2009, 01:43 PM
The aft side Anniversary bubble decal just barely covers the old, but it does. Additional elbow grease needed to clean the original glue off around the edges so the decal will cover complete.
To ensure it stayed put, I sprayed the back of the decal with 3M Hi-Strength Spray Adhesive and then stuck it on. Has stayed in place all summer!

These bubble decals are also still available. Got mine from BAWS (Thanks again Jim & Chuck)

kevinNeal
09-18-2009, 04:22 PM
How much did your re-upholstery cost you?

DooSPX
09-21-2009, 07:01 PM
You can never go wrong with Jim or Chuck from BAWS. I am more than happy to push them everyday all day. They have helped me out in so many occassions wether I have bought something from them or not. (but I always try to buy from them if possible)

JohnE
09-21-2009, 07:25 PM
You can never go wrong with Jim or Chuck from BAWS. I am more than happy to push them everyday all day. They have helped me out in so many occassions wether I have bought something from them or not. (but I always try to buy from them if possible)

And I thought skidog was their biggest fan.....

DooSPX
09-21-2009, 07:32 PM
wow, maybe it would help if I check my spelling... :rolleyes:

and I would say it "might" be a tie on the biggest BAWS fan! :D

smiller
09-21-2009, 10:46 PM
The aft side Anniversary bubble decal just barely covers the old, but it does. Additional elbow grease needed to clean the original glue off around the edges so the decal will cover complete.
To ensure it stayed put, I sprayed the back of the decal with 3M Hi-Strength Spray Adhesive and then stuck it on. Has stayed in place all summer!

These bubble decals are also still available. Got mine from BAWS (Thanks again Jim & Chuck)
EricB... that looks pretty good. I just rubbed off my glue and years of recementing those things on my boat. I am calling BAWS.

DooSPX
09-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Bay Area Water Sports will hook you up!!!

smiller
09-21-2009, 10:54 PM
So... to follow up... that looks like the same plastic oval logo that is on the outside of the boat on the side at the back... Is that right or is it a vinyl reproduction version of some sort?

captain planet
09-22-2009, 10:50 AM
You could also go with embroidery. :D

EricB
09-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Smiller;
Yes, it is the plastic bubble decal from the back sides of the boat. I also put it on the front observers seat too. The decal is flexable and moves with the upholstery nicely. The key is to use 3M spray glue to make sure it sticks. Also, the bubble decal is not quite big enough to cover ALL the old glue, so some will need to be removed. There is still work involved here.

Granted, it is not true "original", but short of re-upholstering and/or embroidery, it's alot less expensive and it covers the majority of the old glue. Looks alot better than the brown glue on the white seat.