PDA

View Full Version : Broken Board

CruisinGA
09-14-2009, 01:14 PM
After just a few runs to kick off the weekend this past Friday evening, crashed and felt something get real loose.

Luckily neighbors let me borrow their board for the rest of the weekend, otherwise I would have been really pissed.

It's by no means a top of the line board, and I got a screamin deal on it, but I sure would have expected it to last longer than 2 months under a new rider like myself.

Anyone ever seen a board fail like this?

I also don't like Hyperlite's clamps for the bindings. I've bent several and all the plastic knobs came off the bolts very quickly. I also have a hard time keeping them tight. I bet the clamps were part of the problem for this failure. (They were tight before the board broke, I had just checked them)

flipper
09-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I'd try calling the place that you bought it and see if they'll send you a new one

russlars
09-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I'd try calling the place that you bought it and see if they'll send you a new one
If that doesn't work, call Hyperlite direct. They are a straight up company and will probably take care of you.

CruisinGA
09-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Sent Hyperlite a polite email with a picture a few hours ago.

If I don't hear back by the end of the day, I'll probably call. We're coming up on the end of the season, and I need to shred this weekend. :D

76S&S
09-14-2009, 03:57 PM
They should warranty it. I've always heard good things about the board companies taking care of their customers.

rem_pss308
09-14-2009, 04:36 PM
You should call Hyperlite, They are a little slow to answer e-mails. But are very helpful.
As long as you have not been on any sliders. it should be covered. they might ask for a copy of the receipt.

MCRambo1
09-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Anyone ever seen a board fail like this?

I have seen that happen before, just happens sometimes. Hyperlite's awesome with warranty stuff, you should have no problem getting a replacement.

I also don't like Hyperlite's clamps for the bindings. I've bent several and all the plastic knobs came off the bolts very quickly. I also have a hard time keeping them tight. I bet the clamps were part of the problem for this failure. (They were tight before the board broke, I had just checked them)[/QUOTE]

The Claws aren't that great, but if your will to hang on the rest of the year with the setup you have, you'll be amazed by the '10 claw system. They aren't using the hardware outside of the base plate anymore. You need some better bindings than those sprints anyway.