PDA

View Full Version : Prop size on a 35th 197

wheeler
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know the prop size for a 35th anniversary 197?

03 35th Anniversary
09-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Mine came with 2

14x20
14.5x21

Jim@BAWS
09-02-2009, 11:07 AM

Do you own one???

Jim@BAWS

wheeler
09-02-2009, 11:32 AM
We looked at one the other day, ran 48mph on a gps. I am assuming the boat to have come standard with Cadillac LQ9 HO 385hp.

I have another friend who owns an '03TT with what he says has a Cadillac LQ9 385hp, which I believe to be actually a 375hp @ 5200rpm for that year, not sure????

He is only getting 5200rpm and running around 44mph with an 18x20, so I thought I would ask to see what they were putting on the 35th to get that kind of speed out of them.

I believe the motor has an rpm range between 4800-5600rpm, right?

thanks for the reply:)

TMCNo1
09-02-2009, 12:50 PM

Go directly to the man that knows, Eric Johnson @ http://www.ojprops.com/contact_us or contact him by pm, EJ OJPROP, http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=1537
Be prepared to give him any info he may need like, current prop info off the hub, baseline numbers of the speeds and RPM's for the current prop, boat model and year, engine size, transmission ratio, function (skiing, barefooting, surfing, boarding, tubing, etc.), ballast use, fuel load, gear, nominal # of passengers, etc. He will need it to determine the best prop for your application.

Hoosier Bob
09-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks Scotty! Do you own one would lead to what do you want to do with it! Foot, slalom or what not. Also if you don't own one recommending a prop via a go between could end up recommending what the guys buddy wants and not the guy. Also if you do not own one it could lead to a sale! ABC Baby! Remember we are typing, hard to tell if I am being a **** right now or funning around because you cannot hear me. I am being a ****!:DI thought it was.... :D

wheeler
09-02-2009, 02:49 PM
What this all boils down to is this....I have a freind who was/is looking. I found him a 35th, he test drove it, it run out at 48+mph. The boat is a bit rough as far as the condition is concerned...anyway....

I have another friend who is p*ssed because he thinks his boat should do the same speed (I think he is all about speed because this guy only owns a damn tube and couldn't ski on two ski's from a boom with a training handle..... if he tried). He owns a '03TT with what he thinks to be the same motor that came in the 35th....

I believe there to be a slight difference in hp and/or ECM calibration...maybe wrong, I have been wrong a time or two before.....maybe those who are smarter could shed some light.

I thought I would start by asking prop size first since both boats seem identical as far as drive train (he also has the power slot tranny)....

Jim@BAWS
09-02-2009, 03:27 PM
What this all boils down to is this....I have a freind who was/is looking. I found him a 35th, he test drove it, it run out at 48+mph. The boat is a bit rough as far as the condition is concerned...anyway....

I have another friend who is p*ssed because he thinks his boat should do the same speed (I think he is all about speed because this guy only owns a damn tube and couldn't ski on two ski's from a boom with a training handle..... if he tried). He owns a '03TT with what he thinks to be the same motor that came in the 35th....

I believe there to be a slight difference in hp and/or ECM calibration...maybe wrong, I have been wrong a time or two before.....maybe those who are smarter could shed some light.

I thought I would start by asking prop size first since both boats seem identical as far as drive train (he also has the power slot tranny)....

A TT boat maybe set up a little different than a 35th Anniversary

The LQ-9 MOTOR where all rated at 385 HP

There was also a base requitement to run 89 octane as a minumum in that motor

If you got an LQ-9 more than likely it came w/ a SLOT transmission

Also MC recommened a different set of plugs in that motor which did make a difference

Jim@BAWS

03 35th Anniversary
09-02-2009, 06:13 PM

All LQ9/LY6s come with the slot.

The difference in the hulls if any will be the hook on the tailend. They both have it, but maybe hooked differently.

Other than that it will be all prop.

No difference in hp or ecm from an 03 35th to an 03 TT or a regular 197/190 with the LQ9. There is only one 35th that is different and one 03 TT that was different hp and ecm with the LQ9. I own the 35th and the TT boat has since burned to the ground.

wheeler
09-02-2009, 06:55 PM
there you have it.

thanks for the replies.....I'll just tell him he has a slow boat lol..... that'll get him all fired up!

georgea0731
09-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I just curious, where was it? How much was it? etc. I've got one, so I just like to know where that are at. It's a unique club.