PDA

View Full Version : Raw water pump wobble?

2010Prostar197
09-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello,

Did a search on raw water pump wobble and didn't find a whole lot except "mine has wobbled" for x amount of hours and it's still working.

Question is how much wobble is acceptable? Obviously zero would be the objective but probably not realistic. I have the MCX engine. I need to ask the dealer but I know there are many who are certified MC technicians here.

I can see the hoses moving which to me is slightly alarming and over the long term life of the pump/hoses etc. is what worries me. Short term I'm sure it would be fine.

The pulley the pump mounts to doesn't seem to have any/much wobble at all so maybe the pump plate mounting to the pulley? I know the pump sticks out there so any off center at the pulley is going to be accented at the end of the pump. Apparantly the wobble is less than the rubber bushing it sits in on the front bracket.

Thanks!

Tom Jones
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
My experience has been that there is a slight amount of wobble on the raw waterpumps.
I had a 1994 205 with an LT1 and there was an excessive amount of wobble, so much so that I could feel the vibration in the driveline. Turned out the harmonic balancer was out of balance on the engine. It had to be replaced.
My 2004 197 w/ 310 Predator has a very slight amount of wobble which is normal.

boofer
09-01-2009, 11:56 PM
2010? Take it to the dealer.