PDA

View Full Version : Clean uphostery

johnco
06-06-2005, 10:37 AM
What is the best thing to clean upholstery, especially stains?

east tx skier
06-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Welcome, Johnco. Regular Tide and some warm water for general cleaning. I hear Fantastik works well, too. Nothing with bleach. Nothing harsh. Check out the manual in the download section. In it, MC has a list of recommended cleaning products as well as a list of "no-no" products.

jkski
06-06-2005, 11:01 AM
I use a product called "Cherry Bomb", you can get it from an auto detail shop, and it comes in concentrate form. If you can find it, I recomment mixing it 50/50 at the strongest in a spray bottle. Spray it on a section of upholstery, then use a medium bristle scrub bruch and scrub the surface in a circular motion, then wipe it off with a white towel(that way you can see all the crap come off). You will be amazed. After you have scrubbed it all down, go back over it with warm water and a sponge, dry it, and apply 303 Protectant.
If you can't find "Cherry Bomb", try one of the other MC approved cleaning products, but I think the scrub brush is probably the key. It sounds odd, but you'll love the results.

JEREMY79
06-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I use dawn and water mixed very lightly on mine. seems to work great.

Footin
06-06-2005, 11:42 AM
I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser then wipe with a damp towel, then followed up with Meguires vynal cleaner/conditioner.
Looks great afterward and here I thought it was pretty clean before I started, what a difference.

captkidd
06-08-2005, 01:53 PM
I just used about a cup of laundry detergent (Gain, without bleach) in a bucket of hot water and a stiff scrub brush and went over my entire interior, including carpet. I didn't even think it was dirty until I did this, but it was amazing how much better it looked afterward.

I have a stain where the Team MC mesh bag faded/bled on my rear seat. Any ideas on how to get this stain off?

Granite_33
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
I use a product called "Cherry Bomb", you can get it from an auto detail shop, and it comes in concentrate form. If you can find it, I recomment mixing it 50/50 at the strongest in a spray bottle. Spray it on a section of upholstery, then use a medium bristle scrub bruch and scrub the surface in a circular motion, then wipe it off with a white towel(that way you can see all the crap come off). You will be amazed. After you have scrubbed it all down, go back over it with warm water and a sponge, dry it, and apply 303 Protectant.
If you can't find "Cherry Bomb", try one of the other MC approved cleaning products, but I think the scrub brush is probably the key. It sounds odd, but you'll love the results.
I second the use of a scrub brush. Nothing too stiff, but it really gets into the grain. Circular motion, makes a world of difference.

PS, this is a great site!! Example, I had never even heard of 303 Protectant before reading all the good info about it here. After reading the posts, I can't imagine not using it.