PDA

View Full Version : You folks on the west coast stay safe

Monte
08-30-2009, 11:21 PM
News from here makes it (wild fires) look pretty serious. You guys stay safe.

RexDog1
08-31-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks, it is a lot of smoke, but we will be ok……

It is a yearly thing …………Dam it is almost one year 11/15/08 when Yorba Linda lost 120 homes and only 10% of them have started to rebuild their homes… most families who lost their home moved away, and the lot is for sale, sad…………:(

Why do I live here? Oh yah... We have the best public schools, the taxes are so low, no traffic, earthquakes are so much fun!!!! We burn the place down every year, the best so cal, pro football team….. No smog and the best state government!!!!! We have it all!!!!!

flipper
08-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Lots of smoke up here too. Took me 6 hours to get home from the delta saturday (should be a 2 hour drive) cause the highway was closed. Had to go around which means narrow dirt roads through the hills pulling the boat.

Sodar
08-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Got to watch a DC-10 do a water drop off the 10 Freeway on my way home from the river yesterday afternoon. Pretty cool to watch!

Monte
08-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Thanks, it is a lot of smoke, but we will be ok……

It is a yearly thing …………Dam it is almost one year 11/15/08 when Yorba Linda lost 120 homes and only 10% of them have started to rebuild their homes… most families who lost their home moved away, and the lot is for sale, sad…………:(

Why do I live here? Oh yah... We have the best public schools, the taxes are so low, no traffic, earthquakes are so much fun!!!! We burn the place down every year, the best so cal, pro football team….. No smog and the best state government!!!!! We have it all!!!!!

Dayum.. That is BIG fire!

funk
09-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Last night around 5pm from Los Alamitos. Just driving down the street and took a quick one. About 40-50 miles from the Station fire in La Canada. Hopefully, they can get a hold of it here in the next day or so.

Sodar
09-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Last night around 5pm from Los Alamitos. Just driving down the street and took a quick one. About 40-50 miles from the Station fire in La Canada. Hopefully, they can get a hold of it here in the next day or so.

I took the same pic at Los Al Blvd. and Cerritos yesterday!

bcampbe7
09-01-2009, 11:41 AM
You two should think about driving instead of taking pictures. No wonder Cali traffic sucks so bad! :)

In all seriousness, stay safe!

funk
09-01-2009, 12:07 PM
That's pretty funny, Sodar! One more from the bridge on Cerritos over the channel.

We have laws about texting or on the phone while driving but not taking pictures!!

And we drive just fine, it's the damn imports that have the issues! :D