PDA

View Full Version : Looking to bid on Boom...help

aprgriggs
06-06-2005, 09:43 AM
I am looking to bid on this barefoot international barefoot boom. Can anyone tell which model the boom is and does it look like it is in good shape?

Also, how much do you think it should go for?

Any help would be great.
April

aprgriggs
06-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Sorry here is the link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7161647888&fromMakeTrack=true

Wow, I am feeling the effects of a great weekend.

MarkP
06-06-2005, 10:09 AM
April

Its so hard to tell from the photo. I think it’s the Contoured but not the “Universal” contour. It will probably go for 300-400..

AR Footer
06-06-2005, 10:12 AM
The price will probably be in the $300 - $400 range. Here is a link that you can use to get the price of a new one.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=19296

Hope this helps.

aprgriggs
06-06-2005, 10:31 AM
April

Its so hard to tell from the photo. I think it’s the Contoured but not the “Universal” contour. It will probably go for 300-400..

BI told me that my X9 would need the Universal contour boom. Do you think that this boom would fit on my X9 as well?

MarkP
06-06-2005, 10:38 AM
I think BI could answer that better but I would think not as the “Universal” means the boom goes up and back to accommodate not only the tapered pylon (contoured) but the windshield as well.

Call them and have the ebay# handy. They may look at it for you..

erkoehler
06-06-2005, 10:44 AM
if you go to barefootcentral.com you can see all the different models and the photos of them. Also, if you sign up for a membership from them for fifty bucks you can save I think 20% on all orders. That may be worth it.

h20_skidog
06-06-2005, 12:24 PM
It does appear to be a BI contour boom that would fit your X9. I have one for my 209 that I bought direct. And I noticed that this boom on Ebay is missing the following items:

+ BI - Cable Protector & Shock
+ BI - Boom pad (Protect people from hurting their legs on boom inside boat)
+ BI - Gunnel Saver

All of which can be purchased from Barefoot Central (http://store.barefootcentral.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=20)for $20 each; but this begs the question of how old this boom really is?

dwvktm450
06-06-2005, 12:39 PM
I just bought a BI boom on clearance from shadetreepowersports.com for $350 with free shipping. I think this could be better than buying through ebay. It came with the padded cables, quick release pin, and gunnel saver. I thought it was an excellent deal. This was for a straight boom on a 83 stars and stripes if that makes a difference.

erkoehler
06-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Also call around and see if they have any that were returned because of scratches/imperfections. Deals are out there, you just have to find them.

Farmer Ted
06-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I am looking to bid on this barefoot international barefoot boom. Can anyone tell which model the boom is and does it look like it is in good shape?

Also, how much do you think it should go for?

Any help would be great.
April

I would recommend calling your dealer (especially if you've purchased two boats from the same dealer in as many years....) and ask them what kind of used stuff they have in the back. My former dealer has tons of them rat holed away. All you have to do is inquire....

I wouldn't spend more than $275-325 for a used one, depending on the condition.