PDA

View Full Version : Naked Boating...

BriEOD
08-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Looks like Rick has been on a trip to Charlotte with his women!! :D

Bare-Naked Boating Stops Traffic
Tuesday, August 17, 2004

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Boaters in the buff are literally stopping traffic near Interstate 77 in North Carolina.

Naked and bathing suit-clad boaters at Lake Norman (search) have recently been flashing drivers and causing major gaper delays — at times even bringing traffic to a standstill and causing crashes, according to The Charlotte, N.C., Observer.

The baring-it-all boaters at the causeway running between Iredell and Mecklenburg counties have brought in dozens of complaints to the Lake Norman Marine Commission, the paper reported last week.

"They get right up to that riprap, and they take their clothes off," the Observer quoted Iredell County sheriff's Deputy Phil Jones as telling the commission.

The "riprap" are the rocks where the lake and land meet at the bottom of the causeway. And on the interstate, motorists have a clear view of the water as they cross over it, according to the Observer.

Jones told the paper he's heard of at least one car crash that happened when rubbernecked drivers were busier looking at the boaters in birthday suits than they were at the highway. A smattering of complaints about the flashers has also come in, he said.

But cops have to catch flashers in the act of, well, flashing in order to arrest them. The nude boaters are often long gone by the time officers can get to the scene, Jones told the Observer.

Marine Commissioner Mark Lancaster of Iredell County saw the nudists himself, the newspaper reported.

Lancaster was near the Lake Norman/Interstate 77 causeway when he witnessed the jaw-dropping shenanigan himself. After he heard trucks honking and saw traffic stopping, he noticed three bare-naked ladies in a boat near the area in question, he told the Observer.

But marine commissioners and police said the nudity wasn't all that was bringing cars to a honking, screeching halt. Gaper delays have happened along that stretch of highway for any number of reasons.

"I've seen traffic jams looking at the sunset," the Observer quoted Marine Commission Chairman Randy Reece as saying.

Reece told the paper the rubbernecking was caused accidentally when the North Carolina Department of Transportation removed the fence along the causeway and started cutting back the bushes that used to block lake views.

"I think the lake looks a lot better without that fence," he told the Observer. "I think that is what has caused this problem with DOT."

The clusters of boats in that part of I-77 began recently, after the commission approved a new safety rule barring rafters from Cocktail Cove in Iredell County, according to the Observer. The paper reported that residents were upset about "nudity, drunkenness and obnoxious behavior."

Hoff1
08-17-2004, 09:15 AM
Do you have directions to this bridge…

Knoxes
08-17-2004, 11:04 AM
hehe. I was there when it happened. I never saw the honeys, but I saw the traffic backed up. We generally avoid that area, being family boaters and all.

The Marine Commission has been battling with the boaters over rafting for the last few years. Every time the boaters find a new locale, the residents complain and the rafters get evicted. This is their latest anchor point and the location would actually be a good spot, were it not for the on-lookers from the Interstate. Well, that, and the nekkids.

MarkP
08-17-2004, 11:08 AM
LOL, neck-id boating.. What will they think of next??:banana:

You know that deserves a dancing banana

east tx skier
08-17-2004, 11:30 AM
Huh huh, nice bouys.

Knoxes
08-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Yep, it's our little version of Havasu.

http://www.lknfun.com/album.aspx

edited: work safe.

lakes Rick
08-17-2004, 11:59 AM
OK

1. I get WAY more credit than I deserve for being bad.. My days of misbehaving are somewhat over..... I am getting old....

2. I found the "popular pics" section in that link....Now I really feel old...

3. Lake Havasu.. Playboy ( I only read the articles) had a write up a few years ago that this was THE place to go to get "lucky".....

6balls
08-17-2004, 01:04 PM
I love it - White Trash Bash! We have one Okauchee Lake here in Wisconsin every summer. Plus we has the Annual Bikini Contest this past Sunday at the Hide-A-Way (a bar on the lake) It was rafting madness I had to walk accross 20 boats to get to shore. This is when I take the Whaler and leave the ProStar at home.

JimN
08-17-2004, 01:14 PM
They already had it this year? Thanks for saying something about it after it happened! :(

lakes Rick
08-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah 6balls is hogging all he bikini's ( or lack of a bathing suit) all to himself.....

phecksel
08-21-2004, 12:27 PM
Last year memorial weekend, lake is jammed with boaters. Friend wants to practice formation boat driving and I was lead. Here we are going around a point at 30mph, about 18 inches separating the boats and my wifes best friend takes off her bikini top and throws it in his boat. By the time they were done, both women were neekid, I'm a hero, and he still managed to keep the boats apart. Should have heard the cheering under the bridge at idle with boats going both ways. We get home and a neighbor is having a HUGE party, and not one single person noticed the neekid women. They both jumped off the back and had me bring towels to the dock ladder.

atlfootr
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Do you have directions to this bridge…Here's the best, I can do :o

TMCNo1
05-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Just think, CSM @ Lake Wiley is the next lake down from Lake Norman on the Catawba River Southwest of Charlotte. Do we see the trend heading that way next weekend, we can always hope so!:D :D :D

Laurel_Lake_Skier
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Must be a slow day for Atlfootr......digging up a 3 year old thread. It is a good one though

atlfootr
05-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Must be a slow day for Atlfootr......digging up a 3 year old thread.
It is a good one thoughIt is rather slow here, but sorry to dissappoint ya I didn't dig this one up :(

BriEOD
05-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Must be a slow day for Atlfootr......digging up a 3 year old thread. It is a good one though
Had the same thought. In fact, when I saw it on the main page and my name under it I was a bit perplexed.

SkiDog
05-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Just think, CSM @ Lake Wiley is the next lake down from Lake Norman on the Catawba River Southwest of Charlotte. Do we see the trend heading that way next weekend, we can always hope so!:D

Come on now! What do you think can happen, with Dog, The peacock, & 'The Extractor' all there.!?!?!?!?!!?:D :D

atlfootr
05-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Had the same thought.
In fact, when I saw it on the main page and my name under it I was a bit perplexed.what :confused: who's point'n fingers @ who?

TMCNo1
05-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Come on now! What do you think can happen, with Dog, The peacock, & 'The Extractor' all there.!?!?!?!?!!?:D :D

They'll give the whole town 1 hour to get outta town!!!!!!!!!!!!

BriEOD
05-06-2007, 10:05 PM
what :confused: who's point'n fingers @ who?
Not pointing, just had not seen or thought about this topic in 3 years.

atlfootr
05-06-2007, 10:52 PM
I didn't even know anything about until today :o