PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Wine Online

jdl xstar
08-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Anyone do this? Recommended sites for good deals, cheap shipping? :friday:
Was just on mywinesdirect and it seemed ok. Labor day special baby!

tex
08-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I used to use California Wine Club but stopped after I started getting charged $15 for a bottle wine that sold locally for $7. If they were hitting you on cheap wine that much...imagine on the nicer stuff. Save yourself and do some reading or check with your local wine store for local wine clubs. PM Sodar...he's an expert on wines!

c_craig
08-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm no expert, but have had good luck with www.cellarcollections.com. Tell Stephen that Craig in Ohio sent you.

flipper
08-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Most of the time you best bet is to just buy local. If there is something specific you can't find shoot me a PM if it's from Napa. I'm not that far from there

Sodar
08-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Whoa. Three response and not even an honorable mention. You guys are slipping!

Ski-me
08-25-2009, 01:01 PM
I used wine.com many years ago just for the fun of it. I don't know how it compared to local prices but it was nice to have different stuff delivered to us each month to try. I usually just go to the local store now....

FancySauceRules
08-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Unless you are looking for something pretty specific, it would be tough to beat your local prices even with a large order. We recieve shipments all the time from wine clubs that we belong to, but it barely pencils out with the club discount. The only reason we belong is so that we get a crack at limited releases. Also kind of a pain to get things shipped to the office so it can be signed for. The message on the box is hilarious, it actually instructs the fedex guy to ID the person and not to turn over the box if the recipient is "intoxicated".:D

pram
08-25-2009, 01:14 PM

well just to make you feel better Cam, your name was the first thing to come to mind ROTF

TMCNo1
08-25-2009, 01:24 PM

Must be the Thunderbird and greasy azz ox tails that you prefer!

Monte
08-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks for making me retaste my lunch Harold:mad::D

I normally go to the grociers aisle... pretty competitive unless you are looking for a specific.

Sodar? do you own a site, or are you simply a coniseur(sp?)

flipper
08-25-2009, 01:48 PM

I normally go to the grociers aisle... pretty competitive unless you are looking for a specific.

He's more in to box wine

TMCNo1
08-25-2009, 01:59 PM

Connoisseur, I didn't know Sodar pumped septic tanks?:rolleyes::D

jdl xstar
08-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the ideas and sites. Sounds like i might as well stick to buying local then. However, on impulse I ordered a 6 bottle pack from a site but didn't realize I might need to be home to sign for it! I'll probably never get it since i'm always at work!

TX.X-30 fan
08-25-2009, 03:09 PM
My ox tail does not look like that, takes 2 days to make and is de-fatted after a sit in the fridge overnight. Truly a delicacy.

rolf_eckert
08-26-2009, 02:17 PM
hello,

here is where i order from. they make great wines for an affordable price.

http://www.artesawinery.com/index1.html

enjoy