PDA

View Full Version : Starbrite startron as fuel stabilizer??

hkallestad
08-23-2009, 04:55 PM
I see most of you use stabil, can't seen to find that in Norway. I can get the starbrite startron http://www.maritim.no/product.aspx?id=22831&groupkey=007002030 . Good stuff???

bigmac
08-23-2009, 05:17 PM
As a fuel stabilizer and anti-oxidant, it's probably as good as anything for boats that are going to sit unused for a couple of months or longer.

tlcrichardson
08-30-2009, 09:01 AM
When talking about possible buying a M/C I talked tot he dealer about winterizing it. He and the shop guys both told me to run it as low as possible and then pump out the rest. Do not leave any fuel in the tank

Cloaked
08-30-2009, 09:13 AM
When talking about possible buying a M/C I talked tot he dealer about winterizing it. He and the shop guys both told me to run it as low as possible and then pump out the rest. Do not leave any fuel in the tankDealer's preference.:rolleyes: I never worry about fuel in a tank for one season of layup as long as it has a stabilizer. Now, If I were to bunk the boat for a year or more, sure, remove the fuel for obvious reasons, but for a winter season?....... no way I'd worry about it nor bother to pump out fuel.

bigmac
08-30-2009, 09:17 AM
When talking about possible buying a M/C I talked tot he dealer about winterizing it. He and the shop guys both told me to run it as low as possible and then pump out the rest. Do not leave any fuel in the tank

That's one option. Did he explain what's involved in pumping out the tank? In most cases it ain't easy.

Other option is to fill it full to minimize condensation (pretty much negligible anyway IMHO) and stabilize with some Seafoam or StaBil, or something. I have the dealer winterize my boat these days. If I think of it, I fill it with fuel on the way there. Last season, I note that I forgot and stored it for the winter about half full. No issues.

Thrall
09-27-2009, 12:34 AM
Just saw Startron advertized in Snowtech. Looks as good as any of the other products. I use Seafoam, Stabil or Lucas fuel treatment with no particular preference for one over the other. They all seem to keep the gas good until spring/summer.