PDA

View Full Version : He's Back!!

BriEOD
06-05-2005, 09:25 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11727&item=7161561816&rd=1

USC8791
06-05-2005, 09:41 PM
I just e-mailed the guy a few questions. Let's see if he responds.

Tom023
06-05-2005, 09:48 PM
I was bored last Friday at work and led this guy on for several hours and emails. He told me he is in the UK and will have the boat shipped there at no additional charge. When I told him I was in the US and could go and inspect it, he balked. I noticed his eBay ID is different this go round.

erkoehler
06-06-2005, 12:08 AM
what was it, the ad is taken down now??

jayocheskey
06-06-2005, 02:32 AM
We need to be filled in on this guy. What is he selling?

jsonova99
06-06-2005, 06:07 AM
Is this the same guy that was selling boats before at unbelievably low prices that kept getting pulled from Ebay?

BriEOD
06-06-2005, 06:48 AM
It was an 03' PS 209 for $5k.

ski_king
06-06-2005, 08:00 AM
I see Ebay has removed it now.

Invalid Item
This listing (7161561816) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

MarkP
06-06-2005, 08:08 AM
It was an 03' PS 209 for $5k.Brian, I thought you had been looking for a 209??

USC8791
06-06-2005, 10:45 AM
As expected, same reply as in the past:

Dear Sir ,

First I will like to tell you that I am in United Kingdom and the boat is in Square Trade's custody in US the boat will be shipped from there on my expence .
The boat is like new , in perfect condition . I am selling this boat because the shipping to Europe will cost me to much .I have this boat from my father in law .The Buy it now price is $5,900 . I will sell the boat to the first one that makes a 2,900 $ deposit through Square Trade .

To be fair with all possible buyers I will sell the boat to the first buyer that will arange the Square Trade deposit payment . If you are able to make the payment today or tomorrow you will be the next owner of this boat .

Terms & Conditions Shipping and handling:

The shipping address must be provided before sending the deposit payment. The boat will be shipped through JC MOTORS or DAS Shipping Company . The boat will only be sent after receiving the deposit payment. I agreed with eBay Square Trade to send my boat to its warehouse since I am not in US .
This way, both sides (seller and buyer) are insured by eBay.

Payment:

If you will offer the buy it now price I will suport all the shipping from the warehouse to your address .

For the deposit payment i would like to use eBay Square Trade as a third party . They will keep your money until you get the boat and will release it to me upon delivery .

Here are my name and address you need for the payment in case you decide to buy the boat :

Roy Dickey
22 Merton High Street
London SW19 1DN
United Kingdom

The boat is ready for shipment, i just need the payment confirmation from Square Trade with the transfer's details and the boat will be delivered to your address.
REFUND-After the boat arrives, you have a 7 days period for inspection. If the boat is different than the way i've described it, 100% refund - transfer fees and the boat will be shipped back to the warehouse on my expence. Anyway, i don't think it will be necesary, you'll love this boat from very first moment you'll see it.
Buy with confidence!
I will have pay for an insurance to eBay Square Trade as proof my trustworthiness.
Thanks for the conceded time .
I am looking forward to your reply.

Roy Dickey

I received his e-mail back this morning but the listing is no longer on e-bay.

erkoehler
06-06-2005, 10:49 AM
thats too funny.....

USC8791
06-06-2005, 10:53 AM
E-mailed him again asking if the boat had sold. He quickly e-mailed back the following:

The boat is still for sale .

I have closed my auction because of some serious buyers. They promissed me that they will buy the boat from me, but in the end they did not have the cash to pay me.
Is this a reason for the deposit. Anyway, if you have the cash and you are
decided to buy the boat email me your shipping address and let complete the
transaction.
Thank you and i am waiting your email asap.

USC8791
06-06-2005, 11:31 AM
His latest response:

They asked me to close the auction and proved not to have the money to pay me . I havent relisted it because i have many buyers interested . I am treating with many people right now .

HULL NUMBER: RNG6J1731203

Let me know !

Don't our hull #'s have MC in them somewhere?

JEREMY79
06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
I think so. Mine does anyway

USC8791
06-06-2005, 08:55 PM
I sent this guy another couple e-mails questioning the ID # and asking to inspect the boat in person. He never responded. I sent another asking if this was a scam. His response:

The boat is sold .

Let's keep a look out for it!

BriEOD
06-06-2005, 09:00 PM
To funny! :uglyhamme

X2M
06-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Yep, he is at it again. I was just doing a little browsing on ebay and found an ad for this same boat again. It is the featured item.
I am not computer literate enough to post the link. :o Someone else can if you want.

ski_king
06-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Yep, he is at it again. I was just doing a little browsing on ebay and found an ad for this same boat again. It is the featured item.
I am not computer literate enough to post the link. :o Someone else can if you want.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11727&item=7162241271&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW