PDA

View Full Version : Olympics....

betsy&david Harrison
08-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Just wanted to say...my nephew is on the men's volleyball team playing in Greece. He is number 11...Brook Billings. Go USA! We need skiing in the Olympics...don't you think? B :twocents:

DanC
08-16-2004, 09:17 PM
Go Brook :banana:

It's been a long battle to get skiing in the Olympics. It was an Olympic demonstration sport back in the 1940s. I visited the site of the competition in Kiel Germany. The skiers had to battle the rollers from the U-boats coming out of the submarine pens and it was a big mess. The Olympics has some rules about not allowing operator controlled motor devices or something like that. So you will never see NASCAR in the Olympics 8p . The full GPS autopilot currently being developed may get skiing around the rule and into the Olympics.

André
08-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Maybe i'm wrong,but i'm pretty sure that waterskiing WAS accepted to the 2004 Olympics as a demo sport.The event was cancelled real early when the organisators had majors problems with the preparations of the games.

rmc1
08-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Athens was going to pick waterskiing for thier choice but the IOC decided not to add any new sports this year. Water skiing will be hard to get in the Olympics because of the fact that it has very little spectator following

bradamerry
08-17-2004, 05:46 PM
Go Brook and The U.S.A.

Boy the basketball team looks great :mad: . I wish they would play the college kids, at least they would want to be there!

east tx skier
08-17-2004, 05:53 PM
To add to the cheer. Go Brook! Used to play court volleyball in high school (with the popping shoulder to prove it).