PDA

View Full Version : An e-mail I recieved today.....

Mag_Red
06-02-2005, 05:50 PM
The purpose of this e-mail message is to request you phone me. In the fall of 2004 the multi-dwellings in Beckett Meadows were painted on the outside (deck railings, door frames, etc.). I purchased my unit in 1998 and have cleaned the patio sliding screen door annually. In the fall of 2004, I removed the screen door and was unable to reinstall it. The screen door has been in my living room floor since that time. (I am a care provider for my elderly mother and have lived with her since my father's death in 2002. I visit the condo several days each week to pick up mail, do laundry, and clean. I plan to sell the unit and am making necessary repairs.) This spring a repairman inspected the screen door and noted that the plastic inserts in the corners were broken. It is my opinion that the painters removed the screen door before painting and broke it when trying to re-install the door. The sliding patio door does not have a manufacturer's label. Home Depot and Lowe's do not carry this size screen door (48 3/4" x 76 3/4"). Pikins Window Service located at 7824 Hamilton Avenue (931-4432) provided me an estimate of $102 for the door and $68 installation.

Please call me to discuss.
:rolleyes: We didn't even paint the sliding patio doors so why in the heck would we have opened the screen door??? I talked to her on the phone and explained this, and she still wants me to take a look at it :uglyhamme

MarkP
06-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Go fix the door:rant:

bradamerry
06-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Go fix the door:rant:
Mag, are you sure it's not Boat Mate, just wanting to see ya? :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
06-02-2005, 08:29 PM
Mag,

Some people are nuts. She waited 2 years to contact you and now she wants it fixed??? Gee, let me think about that one a minute....

BriEOD
06-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Statute of limitations on this one?

Mag_Red
06-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Statute of limitations on this one? And then some. This one thing I hate about condo repaints. One contract, but you have to deal with every, single, different personality that lives there. Most of the people are actually nice, but like every place, there are always a few people that are a pain in the arss. I know my guys did nothing to this door, but to keep the peace, I might offer to pay 1/2. It's a $30,000 contract every year..........would be a shame to loose it over a $100 screen door. :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
06-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Oh scratch the 2 year remark, reread. (This Vodka tonic is good!! :headbang: ) Seriously though, if you didn't remove the screen how could you have done the damage? Sounds to me like she removed it and broke it herself. Secondly, she said it's her opinion the painters broke the door when they reinstalled it, but she also said she removed the screen door last fall, wouldn't it have been noticed then if it was broken???

Somethings fishy here. BTW, how'd she get your email address, is it on your invoices?

Mag_Red
06-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Somethings fishy here. BTW, how'd she get your email address, is it on your invoices? Th management company I get the contract though must have given her my e-mail address.

RackAtak
06-02-2005, 08:50 PM
I know my guys did nothing to this door, but to keep the peace, I might offer to pay 1/2. It's a $30,000 contract every year..........would be a shame to loose it over a $100 screen door. :rolleyes:
I agree 100% with that.

6ballsisall
06-02-2005, 08:52 PM
And then some. This one thing I hate about condo repaints. One contract, but you have to deal with every, single, different personality that lives there. Most of the people are actually nice, but like every place, there are always a few people that are a pain in the arss. I know my guys did nothing to this door, but to keep the peace, I might offer to pay 1/2. It's a $30,000 contract every year..........would be a shame to loose it over a $100 screen door. :rolleyes:

Well if that could jeapordize the deal in anyway, your right, no sense in winning the battle only to loose the war.

BriEOD
06-02-2005, 09:16 PM
Hey Bob,

Beau wanted me to ask you this and I quote: "No one asked the obvous question to Mag about the wmail lady. IS SHE HOT?"

6ballsisall
06-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Hey Bob,

Beau wanted me to ask you this and I quote: "No one asked the obvous question to Mag about the wmail lady. IS SHE HOT?"

Great point!! We know she can email, so surely she can send you an attachment :D

bradamerry
06-02-2005, 09:24 PM
Great point!! We know she can email, so surely she can send you an attachment :D
good thinking guys... Swimsuit pic Mag!!!!

Mag_Red
06-02-2005, 10:07 PM
good thinking guys... Swimsuit pic Mag!!!!You all crack me up! :purplaugh Tell you what.......I'll bring the digital camera when I go and check out the screen door :D

6ballsisall
06-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Mag what happened to the cool avatar??

Mag_Red
06-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Mag what happened to the cool avatar??What??? You don't like the cat??? I changed it when Mark started giving me so much crappola about having cats. Actually the cat avatar is freaking me out :eek:

6ballsisall
06-02-2005, 10:15 PM
What??? You don't like the cat??? I changed it when Mark started giving me so much crappola about having cats. Actually the cat avatar is freaking me out :eek:

Ummm....... well lets just say one could stare back at the last avatar longer... :D

Leroy
06-02-2005, 10:22 PM
I think Mag's painters stole my new ski, I'll email you tomorrow about it Mag! :D

Working for RCA (when it was a company instead of just a brand) every house fire started at the TV and we had to prove otherwise. People find the most money and make claims.

BriEOD
06-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I think Mag's painters stole my new ski, I'll email you tomorrow about it Mag! :D

:purplaugh

lakes Rick
06-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Mag if its just the corner plastic "glides" you should be able to find them at Depot or Lowes... Your bud rick

PS. Remember me when the skinnies come over.......

Mag_Red
06-03-2005, 05:09 AM
Mag if its just the corner plastic "glides" you should be able to find them at Depot or Lowes... Your bud rick

PS. Remember me when the skinnies come over....... :wavey: Hey Rick! LTNS Believe me she went into extreme detail on the phone about how she called Lowe's and Home Depot......but I'll check next time I'm there. I tried to explain to her that old screen doors just wear out over time........she admitted it was over 8 years old :rolleyes: But like I said, I'm not going to lose a sweet contract over this. ( Those Condo boards are made up of idiots just like this woman)

Granite_33
06-03-2005, 08:24 AM

Working for RCA (when it was a company instead of just a brand) every house fire started at the TV and we had to prove otherwise. People find the most money and make claims.
Amen to that!!
I like the threatening lawyer letters that say "we will settle with you now for $50,000 or we will sue you for $1,000,000". Hmmm...lemme figure out if these clowns are serious or are they looking for a quick buck?? :noface: Doesn't take long.....

east tx skier
06-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Mag, since no one has asked, I will. Why'd you break that nice lady's door? ;)

Footin
06-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Mag, since no one has asked, I will. Why'd you break that nice lady's door? ;)

Ya Mag, why did you do it? Would'nt she let you go out with her daughter?

erkoehler
03-05-2006, 10:34 PM
So did you end up fixing the door??? And, where is our pic!

peason
03-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Now that you have her e-mail address, you should add her to "the list"!