PDA

View Full Version : Minocqua WI

point1234
08-05-2009, 02:17 PM
My Girlfriend and I are heading up north to the Minocqua area next week. Looking for some good places to go to and fun things to do. Any suggestions?

Datdude
08-05-2009, 03:29 PM
What kind of stuff are you looking to do? Are you bringing a boat?

ProStar190Fan
08-05-2009, 05:56 PM
You can always head over to Bosacki's (great place to eat, bugers/steaks/seafood), there is the Min-Aqua Bat ski show right next to bosacki's every wednesday/friday/sunday 7:00 pm(check to make sure the shows are still running as they lose a lot of people as people start to go back to school).

Datdude
08-06-2009, 10:53 AM
You can always head over to Bosacki's (great place to eat, bugers/steaks/seafood), there is the Min-Aqua Bat ski show right next to bosacki's every wednesday/friday/sunday 7:00 pm(check to make sure the shows are still running as they lose a lot of people as people start to go back to school).

Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he is talking about:D^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do yourself a favor and stay as far away from that place as possible. They have had major issues with food and service quality for the last few years. I don't like slamming businesses.....but this one is not good. If you are bringing a boat you have some other options for on-water dining on the Minocqua chain.

Minocqua Brewing Company-really good food and great beer with a nice atmosphere.
The Thirsty Whale-This is the place that is totally over the water. They have outdoor dining on the deck where you can watch the ski show and other boats. They also have a nice variety of food.
The Yacht Club is a nice place with really good "bar food". They have picnic tables by the lake to watch boats
Lakeside Landing is on Lake Tomahawk. Decent food and typically slow service.

As far as off-water activities go, there are some nice bike trails in the area, golf courses, shopping, etc.

Some idea of what you are looking for will help direct you in the right direction:cool:

TTAdmin
08-06-2009, 12:39 PM
The Thristy Whale is by far the lakeside tops for boaters.

Staff and food are wonderful!

lanman
08-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Thirsty Whale is good, but I preferred the food at the Lakeside Landing. For "off-water" food, try the Rusty Putter on Wildwood golf course just West on Hwy 70.

ProStar190Fan
08-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Don't listen to this guy, he doesn't know what he is talking about:D^^^^^^^^^^^^

What do you mean i don't know what i am talking about, i am up there nearly half the year:cool:. I guess im not at the thirsty whale to much because i dont drink, since i can't.

If your into mini golf, theres castle rock off of county J. Boulder Junction about 15 miles north of minocqua has about 40 miles of paved bike trails, and if you want to go up to the UP there are some great parks/waterfalls to visit.

point1234
08-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Will not be taking the boat up, thought about it but decided against it. I too have heard about Bosacki being bad and to stay away for the same reasons you mentioned. Will be staying on Big Arbor Vita Lake. I really don't know much about the area. Minocqua Brewing company sounds like a good place. Just going up to have relaxing week of fishing and hanging out. No true plan.

Datdude
08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Thirsty Whale is good, but I preferred the food at the Lakeside Landing. For "off-water" food, try the Rusty Putter on Wildwood golf course just West on Hwy 70.

I agree, the Rusty Putter has excellent food.

What do you mean i don't know what i am talking about

If you knew what you were talking about, you would not have sent the poor guy to Bosacki's:rolleyes::uglyhamme

If you are just looking to hang out and have fun, there is plenty of stuff around to keep you occupied. Mini golf at Settler's Mill (minocqua), go carts at Elmer's (St. Germain), Peck's Wildwood wildlife park (minocqua), shopping (Minocqua, Boulder Jct.), Min-Aqua-Bats ski show (Lake Minocqua). I am sure you will find something to do. Have fun!:cool:

lanman
08-10-2009, 10:49 AM
How was your trip?

point1234
08-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Leaving today thanks for all the tips