PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Beach Landslide

bcampbe7
06-02-2005, 01:34 PM
I hope no TMC member was affected by the landslide in Laguna Beach, CA. If you were I am truly sorry! Scary stuff.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/02/laguna.landslide.ap/index.html

JEREMY79
06-02-2005, 01:38 PM
wow thats pretty scary

lakes Rick
06-02-2005, 01:48 PM
This area constantly does this and the people just keep rebuilding. Personally I wonder if they can even get insurance on their homes..

Do it once, shame on you

Do it twice, shame on me.......

bcampbe7
06-02-2005, 01:49 PM
This area constantly does this and the people just keep rebuilding. Personally I wonder if they can even get insurance on their homes..

Do it once, shame on you

Do it twice, shame on me.......

I heard on the radio today that they cannot get insurance for this type of thing.

JEREMY79
06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I know people get loyal to their area but dam I would move

bcampbe7
06-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Yea, I would say it's one of the higher priced areas in the country also.

Ryan
06-02-2005, 03:39 PM
It is crazy. I live close to the area. Laguna doesn't get this as often as Malibu and other areas though, so it's still a little shocking. About as shocking as a big tornado running through Oklahoma. You know it could happen.

You have to imagine that buildable/liveable land is such a rare commodity that people are willing to risk an uninsured building just to have a place to live, or risk it for a view which I think is the real factor.

Now, when a tornado hit my house a few months ago, that was shocking! My wife and kids were watching Napoleon Dynamite at 8:00 all of the sudden it sounds like a jet is landing on our house. Technically a water spout (funny though it doesn't have that shocking ring to it, so I we'll call it the Huge Tornado of '05 :D ), still, it came along and ripped our roof apart, a street light and trees.

stevo137
06-02-2005, 09:06 PM
I have heard that those houses are built on sand.
Is this true?
If so, we all know the old saying, don't build your house on the sand.