PDA

View Full Version : PSI info

hugomurphy
08-02-2009, 12:24 PM
I have a x30 2002 with the northstar motor. the oil gauge keeps showing 80psi when i start wakeboarding or surfing, i was wondering if that is an issue and if so what is the issue. the mechanic here said it was not a problem but i doubt it, it was always at 40psi before and now it swings between 40 and 80 constantly. he plugged his computer on the motor and it's showing no wrong codes.
also after around an hour of riding a loud beep is heard (not the check engine). it stays there for like 25 secondes then stops. it makes the music stop as well but we tried it without the music system on and it still does the beep. any idea?
THX

bigmac
08-02-2009, 12:41 PM
I note that my oil pressure ranges have varied with the oil filter I'm using. With the Wix filter I have in there now, it runs 40 at idle and 80 at higher RPM. Never thought to worry about it.

The beeping that occurs after a while on the water and the stereo shutting off suggests is a typical response to an ECU-generated alarm (low oil pressure, high transmission or engine temps). It's also a programmed response to low voltage (less than 11.5 volts). If that happens without lighting the check-engine light, it may be a problem with your battery or your alternator. The other alarms are supposed to fire off the check-engine light and throw a code.