PDA

View Full Version : clarion stereo install

robin
08-02-2009, 01:37 AM
i am getting a clarion CMD6 stereo. my pre-existing hole is too big for it. i know ive seen adaptors in the past for installing these clarion stereos on skidim.com, but not anymore....cant find one anywhere.....anyone know where get one? thanks, robin

gotta_ski
06-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Bump.

Just got my CMD6 today, old hole is too big. I have a few ideas, but I know someone else on here must have run into this and come up with a cleaner solution than I can.

CantRepeat
07-24-2011, 03:42 PM
I just cut out a piece of stainless large enough to cover the hole and then cut an inner hole for the stereo. I polished the SS and it looks pretty good.

MissileMech
07-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Auto parts stores used to carry adapter kits for this kind of thing. The kits have several face plates and mounting adapters. Best buy and walmart may carry them also.

-V-
07-25-2011, 09:58 AM
wal-mart, auto-zone, take your boat to best buy.........

CantRepeat
07-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Auto parts stores used to carry adapter kits for this kind of thing. The kits have several face plates and mounting adapters. Best buy and walmart may carry them also.

I think the only issue with these is finding one that has a large enough adapter. It seems that most of them were pretty common in witdh and I know the hole in my glove box was way over cut for what the clarion needed. This made using one of the car stereo adpters impossible. :(