PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Prostar Gas Gauge

hdh2oski
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
My gas gauge quit working about 3 years ago and I had it repaired by the local Mastercraft repair shop. It has really never worked correctly since it was repaired and when I asked about it at the shop, they said it's a really hard thing to repair and the fact that it jiggles all over the place was to be expected. There are other marine dealers in town but no one that deals with mastercraft. I'd really like to see if it can work properly again. Any suggestions? I can count the hours or look at the gas tank but I'm tired of removing the seat! Thanks!

Jimmauburn
07-30-2009, 12:40 PM
Hey sounds like you have the same style gas guage as I do.... The old move seat and eye check the level in the tank guage !!!! I am in the same predicament and have been wanting to get mine repaired also...... anyone have suggestions ??

flipper
07-30-2009, 12:51 PM
9 out of 10 it's the sending unit. Call Skidim, order a new one, pull the old out and put a new one in and be done with it. Quick easy job you can do yourself.

May want to check to make sure all your conections are tight first.

Muttley
07-30-2009, 03:35 PM
I did write up a while back. Most likely it's the sending unit. You can fix it like this or get a new unit.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=24466&highlight=fuel&page=2

boyd
07-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Just sold my 91 190. Mine wasn't working either. I bought a new sending unit from skidim.
I sold the boat before I could install it. If you'd like it for 1/2 the cost of a new one call me.
931-206-1822

New still in the box with directions.

BOYD

Easy install.