PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on replacement graphics

jmcentire
07-29-2009, 12:38 PM
So I sold my 85 S&S and a week later bought this 95 Maristar 200vrs. It is in good shape, just needs some cleaning and new vinyl, so since I have the equipment to make my own decals/graphics I am trying to decide what I want to do. The first pic is the day I bought it, the second is with all the decals removed. On the third I added a black stripe(which will be vinyl) to cover up the teal/purple(not a big fan of those colors), also that stripe is not perfect it is just thrown together to see what it looks like. So I am pretty sure I want to go that far, but not sure exactly what I want to do after that, the next two are some ideas. I've played around with some crazy fonts(like the graffiti style on the x boats) but I'm not sure the lines of this boat really work with any crazy graphics. Anyway you're welcome to give your opinion or some new ideas.
Thanks

Jimmauburn
07-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Like the last picture with the black stripe and the simple Mastercraft on the rear of the boat. Simple and clean and you know it is a MASTERCRAFT..... Cleaner the better.

CameronCarey
07-29-2009, 12:43 PM
It just Needs some Stars!

TMCNo1
07-29-2009, 12:45 PM
I would run with this one or something similar and never look back, but add a small different color stripe to the bottom of the black stripe,

flipper
07-29-2009, 01:02 PM
I'd go with the second one

jmcentire
07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Like the last picture with the black stripe and the simple Mastercraft on the rear of the boat. Simple and clean and you know it is a MASTERCRAFT..... Cleaner the better.

I do like the clean look, although on a boat that is mostly white it seems a little too boring.

I would run with this one or something similar and never look back, but add a small different color stripe to the bottom of the black stripe,

That stripe is gonna be the hardest part to do...you trying to double my work :) ? I like the idea though, not sure what color I would do, here is an example of red(it is a little brighter than it would end up being):

flipper
07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
What color is the interior?

jmcentire
07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
What color is the interior?

Light Grey w/ teal and purple accents which will be changed also.

Gonzo
07-29-2009, 02:05 PM
blackout from the rubrail down to the chine, white letter mastercraft....

maybe some a set of the trucker mudflap girls on each side of the MC logo... optional of course :)

BrianM
07-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Leave the plain black stripe. Then use some of the large black drip molded MC lettering off of a 2005 TT boat.

jmcentire
07-29-2009, 02:12 PM
blackout from the rubrail down to the chine, white letter mastercraft....

maybe some a set of the trucker mudflap girls on each side of the MC logo... optional of course :)

That was my original plan, but I would have to get some wrap vinyl($$$) to do that big of section.

Leave the plain black stripe. Then use some of the large black drip molded MC lettering off of a 2005 TT boat.

That would be preferred, but since I have the vinyl and the cutter already I can't justify the cost for the drip molded decals.