PDA

View Full Version : 1987 pro star 190 carpet

gbarefoot105
07-27-2009, 10:55 PM
I want to replace my carpet in my boat. I noticed that the front seat doest come out. It will if i take the top off the boat. any suggestions

get_sum
07-27-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't think you should have to pull of the top of the boat, but what do I know.. I also don't think you should post two threads about the same thing... http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=31544 :D

Good luck with your interior.. I've only replaced carpet on bunks.

gbarefoot105
07-28-2009, 10:41 PM
didnt mean too didnt think it went through

JLeuck64
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Yea, when they build these things they lay the carpet in the hull. THEN they attach the deck to the hull. A lot of deck designs incorporate the observer seat base so it will make it harder to replace the carpet when the time comes.

A few on here have actually managed to dig out the old carpet then painstakingly slid, pushed, pulled, and tugged the new carpet under the seat base. If it were me I would probably just cut the old carpet around the seat base and use it as a pattern for the new stuff...

Try talking to your local upholstery guy and see what they do.

Cloaked
07-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Yea, when they build these things they lay the carpet in the hull. THEN they attach the deck to the hull. A lot of deck designs incorporate the observer seat base so it will make it harder to replace the carpet when the time comes.

A few on here have actually managed to dig out the old carpet then painstakingly slid, pushed, pulled, and tugged the new carpet under the seat base. If it were me I would probably just cut the old carpet around the seat base and use it as a pattern for the new stuff...

Try talking to your local upholstery guy and see what they do.Remove the carpet carefully. Keep the old carpet as a template for cutting the new. That will save you a large headache.