PDA

View Full Version : Sad Supra

Jorski
08-16-2004, 04:48 PM
This guy just got the boat in the water that day for the firsttime EVER !

Too bad....it went all the way over the point. Five guys in the boat - no serious injuries. Unbelievable.

MarkP
08-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Was a nice looking boat:noface:

_JR
08-16-2004, 05:05 PM
LAND HO!!!!! :eek3:

ski_king
08-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Glad there were no serious injuries.

I wonder if they had a rider on behind at the time. Must have been one heck of a ride.

east tx skier
08-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Glad there were no injuries. How'd they manage that one?

Farmer Ted
08-16-2004, 06:43 PM
I'm just going to keep my mouth shut on this one.

X2Halr
08-16-2004, 07:11 PM
Holly shnikeeeeeeeees :eek:

bradamerry
08-16-2004, 07:22 PM
I wonder if it bent the shaft or damaged the prop :noface: :noface: ? Farmer Ted, sorry DUDE. I will be busy this week leading up to the camping trip, but if you and Jenn want to go sking, come and get mine!!! we can put the points in in about 30 minutes. this just goes to show you, even the most careful boaters have accidents, Sorry Tim. But don't miss any sking, Brandy and Kaylee may be able to go with you.

SD190EVO
08-16-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeeeeee - Hawwwww.... just a wee bit farther and we'd done make it Luke... fire up the 'ol General Lee and lets try it again...

Leroy
08-17-2004, 01:57 AM
I bet he is lucky it stuck on land and didn't go rolling into the water again. That is really too bad, and on the first day out :(

BriEOD
08-17-2004, 08:30 AM
My questions is, how do you get it off of their and back on the trailer?

H20skeefreek
08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
unfortunatly, i think they probably had to rent a crane.

Jorski
08-17-2004, 10:25 AM
1) How did they manage that ?
-great big lights on the tower (too much) and there was fog that night. I figure they just didn't see the land and thought that they were in the middle of the bay. The guy passed 2 breathalizer tests.

2) Did the prop or driveshaft get bent ?
-No. They sheared the driveshaft off clean where they climbed onto the rock. It was just sitting there in about 2 feet of water.

3) How did they get it off ?
- They had about 10 guys pushing and a boat pulling. They also had a fire pump in the boat that pumped water out as fast as it was coming in. They only had to go about 1/4 mile to get to the closest ramp, where they had the trailer waiting.

Knoxes
08-17-2004, 11:11 AM
I wondered if there were tides involved in this. That could explain a lot - not everything, but a lot.

Jorski
08-17-2004, 11:15 AM
No tides...small freshwater lake in Ontario Canada.

_JR
08-17-2004, 11:44 AM
Damn, that SUCKS.

Well, no one was hurt and it's just a boat. Gotta love insurance!

Sledneck
08-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Jorski, What lake was that on.?

6balls
08-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Just cuz they can afford a tournament boat doesn't mean they have a brain :eek:
Granted, this could happen to anyone... :confused: well the probability is pretty low though. This is exactly why a boaters safety/courtesy class should be required for EVERYONE!

Jorski
08-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi Sledneck,

It was Gull Lake, near Minden in the Haliburton Highlands.

MarkP
08-18-2004, 10:13 AM
6balls,

Yup.. I have been saying that for years..

VTJC
08-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Some what related do people have the url from the old forum off all the offshore/racing boat pics aground? Thanks, Jamie

Storm861triple
08-18-2004, 07:49 PM
This is exactly why a boaters safety/courtesy class should be required for EVERYONE!

Nope. Just the morons that need it. I bought my first boat when I was 12 years old, and bought a U.S. Coast guard book on boating. I read it, applied COMMON SENSE, and have been boating for 21 years now with three different boats, one of which would top 85 mph. Not one incident more severe that forgetting the drain plug once or twice. Which, by the way, no safety course will prevent.

I'd be pissed off if I were forced to pay for, and sit through a class that I don't need. There ARE classes I need, but that isn't one of them. On the other hand, there are so many people out there that are in need of some training and a dose of common sense...

6balls
08-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Storm

I have been boating since 12 as well and in Wisconsin it is required that anyone under 16 or without a drivers license complete a boaters safety course. So I had to complete this course. I generally agree that it is primarily common sense, but unfortunately common sense is becoming increasingly rare - thus our nation's endless appetite for litigation.

Its common sense to me to go NEUTRAL on the throttle when my skier/rider fall, turn the boat around at idle, and then return down the boat path to pick up the skier. This is not common sense to most boaters including those driving Supra, Malibu, CorrectCraft and yes, even MasterCraft. This is taught in boater's safety - not preserve good water conditions - to avoid erratic driving and running over skiers.

See if you get anyone to respond apropriately to this one on an inland waterway:
What does one short horn blast from an oncoming vessel signal?

They usually wave and wonder if they know you.

MarkP
08-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Hey 6balls

Do I know you or was that just us passing port to port??

6balls
08-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Hey 6balls

Do I know you or was that just us passing port to port??

:purplaugh :worthy: Allright!

MarkP
08-19-2004, 12:24 AM
Or just happy to see me:o ?

H20skeefreek
08-19-2004, 05:55 AM
:purplaugh :worthy: Allright!

Good luck finding more people that know that. I'll be honest, i didn't. I've never taken a course, and i know what most people havent'.

That would be VALUABLE info especially for JET SKIERS, since they tend to drive erratically and come very near to you, even with a skier in tow. Usually if you communicate with them at all, they get defensive. one time i simply waved a mosquito off (jet skier) because i had a skier out. when we stopped, the mosquito actually approached me and tried to start a fight about how "he was aware of me and driving responsibly", he was tired of people "assuming that all jet skiers were irresponsible kids" I simply said I would have waved anyone off, b/c my skier is my top priority when I'm out there. My job is to protect them. I got rid of him and didn't argue with him, even though he was 100feet off my bow when i was waving him off. real responsible.

MarkP
08-19-2004, 10:29 AM
I can and will go that two better.. Two blasts, we will be passing goofy (starboard to starboard). Finally, six long and short blasts is an indication that the three year old found the horn button.

Knoxes
08-19-2004, 11:12 AM
I was hanging out at the marina with one of the old dockhands on Sunday trading tales of the craziness on our lake. He said they had a Malibu demo boat that got t-boned in broad daylight a couple of weeks earlier. Totaled the boat, which wasn't moving when it was hit by another boat. I can see crashing a jet ski (just a slip of the wrist or thumb), but I can't see two boats coming together under normal conditions. He also mentioned a Baja wedged into another boat - they had to drag them on shore to separate the two boats.