PDA

View Full Version : gas powered or 12V blenders...who's got one?

brucemac
07-21-2009, 04:29 PM
call me crazy, but i'm really wanting to pull the trigger on one of these:

http://www.tailgatorzone.com/

anybody have one or something similar.

looked at the coleman rechargeable blender, but i just can't imagine it would hold a candle to the 2-stroke above, also doesn't seem like it would blend more than a couple rounds before it pooped out.

there's a quite a few gas-powered blenders out there, but i like that gator one because it's pretty small and has a case. a lot of them have handle bars. i want something for camping, boating and houseboating.

Jerseydave
07-21-2009, 04:36 PM
Pretty cool idea, for the man who has everything! :D

I think I'd spend the $$ on a new wakeboard and drink beer instead, but that's just me! ;)

flipper
07-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Don't have one, but I want the gas powered one. I've thought about making one out of the new 4 stroke weed eater engines so I don't have to pack a mix gas gas can around.

flipper
07-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Pretty cool idea, for the man who has everything! :D

I think I'd spend the $$ on a new wakeboard and drink beer instead, but that's just me! ;)

I think you are missing the point here. I too would rather have a beer and kick back, but often times the girls like the blended fruity drinks, and the more they like them the more they drink, and the more they drink the more uncomfortable their top gets:D

Craig
07-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I have a few friends who have made something like this. The main difference is they just wanted huge blenders.

One guy made his from a 2-stroke weed eater engine, it was operated with handlebars from a dirtbike...

Another guy used 4 hp lawnmower engine with a 5 gallon water cooler as the mixing bowl. It is the ultimate margarita machine!

brucemac
07-21-2009, 04:44 PM
yeah, i ran accross some pretty detailed instructions on how to DIY, but i don't think i could make one as nice as that gator. i just read some mixed reviews on the coleman rechargable, but heck, it's only $50 on amazon, and it comes with a 12V and 120V recharging leads so i could juice it back up on the boat during our houseboat trips. they claim 20-30 batches on one charge, if i got 5 or 10, i'd be happy. batteries probably won't last much longer than a year though is my concern and the gator's got some wow factor. :D hmmmm....

brucemac
07-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I think you are missing the point here. I too would rather have a beer and kick back, but often times the girls like the blended fruity drinks, and the more they like them the more they drink, and the more they drink the more uncomfortable their top gets:D

lol. :D

i mainly drink beer on trips and stuff, but it gets old sometimes and when it's super hot out and it's nice to whip up a few rounds of blended drinks to beat the heat. the chicks dig 'em and it's like a slurpy with a surprise inside.

JimN
07-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Who makes the battery powered ones- Makita?

brucemac
07-21-2009, 06:00 PM
coleman was the rechargable one I was looking at. seems to have mixed reviews, although all the bad seem to be bad from the get go like they got a lemon or had way to high expectations. there's also one that works off a drill motor, but i don't want to have to monkey with that and i doubt it works worth a darn.

Andyg
07-21-2009, 06:15 PM
I have used a twelve volt blender that plugged into the cigarette lighter. It isn't my blender, but we have used it on the boat several times. Worked Great.

SkiDog
07-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Holy Crap! I got one and its for sale! Gimme a minute and I'll take some pics and post em. This ones cool!

flipper
07-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Holy Crap! I got one and its for sale! Gimme a minute and I'll take some pics and post em. This ones cool!

Does the Prammy shipping apply to this one dog?

SkiDog
07-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Here ya go!

brucemac
07-21-2009, 07:26 PM
wow that things awesome! so you still have to pre-mix even though it's a 4-stroke, right? little larger than i had wanted, but i'm interested. it works like a champ though right? how much that thing weigh? is the pitcher 48oz or larger? what are you asking for it??

Footin
07-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Dog is selling everything!

His boat, his Honda, his 4 wheeler and now his blender...........the wife and kids are next!

flipper
07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
Dog is going to start selling his body????? Say it isn't so

cbryan70
07-21-2009, 08:15 PM
if its a 4 stroke you should have a sep oil just like your car....reg gas

flipper
07-21-2009, 08:16 PM
wow that things awesome! so you still have to pre-mix even though it's a 4-stroke, right? little larger than i had wanted, but i'm interested. it works like a champ though right? how much that thing weigh? is the pitcher 48oz or larger? what are you asking for it??

4 stroke is regular gas, no mixing. You do have to change the oil like in a car though

SkiDog
07-21-2009, 08:20 PM
wow that things awesome! so you still have to pre-mix even though it's a 4-stroke, right? little larger than i had wanted, but I'm interested. it works like a champ though right? how much that thing weigh? is the pitcher 48oz or larger? what are you asking for it??

its 21" tall, 19" wide & 10" front to back. Looks like the pitcher holds 5 cups or 1 1/2 liters. Freakin metric crap! I personally don't own it. A friend of mine who's working over in Yemen owns it and wants to sell it. I'll e-mail him now and find out what he wants for it. If I'm not mistaken, I think he wanted $300, but I'm not sure. I think he paid about $400-500 for the damn thing. Ridiculous! I'll also find out the gas mixture ratio.

flipper
07-21-2009, 08:22 PM
its 21" tall, 19" wide & 10" front to back. Looks like the pitcher holds 5 cups or 1 1/2 liters. Freakin metric crap! I personally don't own it. A friend of mine who's working over in Yemen owns it and wants to sell it. I'll e-mail him now and find out what he wants for it. If I'm not mistaken, I think he wanted $300, but I'm not sure. I think he paid about $400-500 for the damn thing. Ridiculous! I'll also find out the gas mixture ratio.

No ratio on that one, it's a 4 stroke

SkiDog
07-21-2009, 08:26 PM
No ratio on that one, it's a 4 stroke

Seems you know more about it than I do! I'm gonna crank it in a minute.

flipper
07-21-2009, 08:28 PM
So is pram picking up the shipping on this thing or what?

SkiDog
07-21-2009, 08:38 PM
So is pram picking up the shipping on this thing or what?

Thats what I heard! Don't know?!

flyingskibiker
07-21-2009, 10:35 PM
saw these in a recent catalog.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/?keyword=blender&dds=1

Yellow X9
07-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I think you are missing the point here. I too would rather have a beer and kick back, but often times the girls like the blended fruity drinks, and the more they like them the more they drink,

"and the more they drink the more uncomfortable their top gets:D...
Oh i'm hearing you loud and clear on this, couldn't agree with ya more

SkiDog
07-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Just got an E-mail from him. He's asking $300.00 for it. He paid $525.00 for it and NEVER used it! It is a 4 stroke and uses straight gas with no oil in it.
Let the bidding begin! I will pass on all offers to him and I'll have a response the next day.

Swimmer
07-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Dog is going to start selling his body????? Say it isn't so

I 'm in. Dog is HOT.;)

Swimmer
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM

Ah yes! Consuming one now. :D

JimN
07-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Just got an E-mail from him. He's asking $300.00 for it. He paid $525.00 for it and NEVER used it! It is a 4 stroke and uses straight gas with no oil in it.
Let the bidding begin! I will pass on all offers to him and I'll have a response the next day.

You know, if you make it breathe better, it'll.....

Put a heavier flywheel on it and it'll handle bigger chunks.

Two words- Electronic Ignition.

SkiDog
07-22-2009, 11:42 PM
[/B][/COLOR]

Ah yes! Consuming one now. :D

is that top getting uncomfortable yet?:D