PDA

View Full Version : Prop Puller Wanted

Abe
07-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Some Thieving Lowlife Scumbag, Broke into my shed last weekend, Stole a few tools including my Prop Puller I recently purchased from Ski dim.
I Wish we had some of your Laws in The States -Regards Shotguns- over here in The UK, As I would camp out for as long as it took to catch The B$$$$$D, and put a few holes in him. :mad:

The Prop Puller Cost Me as much in Postage and Customs Clearance Nonsense (another set of Thieves) V.A.T. ECT, as The actual tool.

Anyone have a spare one, Please PM me.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-20-2009, 08:14 PM
I have a 4 blade prop and use a large 2-jaw gear puller. Particular brand happens to be Craftsman.

Abe
07-20-2009, 08:55 PM
I have a 4 blade prop and use a large 2-jaw gear puller. Particular brand happens to be Craftsman.

Eh!... Guess You don't have a spare Prop Puller for sale then. :rolleyes:

emnesto
07-20-2009, 09:34 PM
I've had great success with the less traditional prop puller. Acme Marine www.acmemarine.com has a harmonic prop puller, and SkiDim www.skidim.com has a very similar looking one called the Prop Knocker. I use the Acme offering. Replace the prop nut with the device. Tighten until it just makes contact with the prop, then back off about a 1/4 turn. Three solid hits with a hammer and the prop is loose, but held in place. I'm not saying it's better, just a little cheaper and maybe a little lighter.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Eh!... Guess You don't have a spare Prop Puller for sale then. :rolleyes:

No I don't. I was just stating that I use another option and perhaps that option is more readily available to you also.

Abe
07-20-2009, 10:16 PM
No I don't. I was just stating that I use another option and perhaps that option is more readily available to you also.

Hey, No Worries Mate, Wasn't tuned into your technich there, But get the drift now. Practice makes perfect- or so The saying Goes.

EJ OJPROP
07-21-2009, 07:30 AM
We make the Prop Knocker Ski Dim sells, $25.00 retail.